Sears

Stopped by the local Sears last night to pick up a dado blade that they had on sale. They had their new catalog out (on the counter, free for the taking) and it shows a lot of new items. The biggest difference that I noticed was that they seem to have completely redone their table saw line and the more expensive includes a Biesemeyer fence. They also show products from Delta, Jet, Dewalt, Porter Cable, Paslode, Milwaukee. I haven't really gone through the catalog page by page but don't recall seeing anything from Ryobi. RM~
The Ryobi's may have the Craftsman moniker on them. I have a C-man router & sabre saw that were actually manufactured by Ryobi. My two cents. Joe
--
A hobbyist / carpenter with an emphasis on small projects.

That's what I'm thinking. I purchased a Craftsman (made by Ryobi) table saw about 2 months ago on close out. I also see that Sears is advertising a Delta contractors saw which is now rumored to be owned by Ryobi. Could be that the Delta sale to Ryobi pieces could be starting to fit together. RM~
Well, whomever sells or manufactures Ryobi stuff is ok in my book. I have the 2 c-man (ryobi made) items, and two others labeled Ryobi. I have no complaints, no problems (knock wood - pun intended). Later. Joe
--
A hobbyist / carpenter with an emphasis on small projects.

Would Sears carry the Ryobi line, or have them as a manufacturer, now that Ryobi is owned by The Borg?
Or, for that matter, will The Borg be content to have "its" line sold at Sears?

Are you saying that Home Depot actually owns Ryobi?! Then if Ryobi buys Delta...

FACT CHECKER!! Fact checker to the white courtesy phone, please.
Ryobi (the company), _did_ bail out of the power tools business, and _licensed_ the Ryobi Tools brand name, exclusively to Home Depot.
Home Depot does -not- 'own' any part of Ryobi. they have the 'right to use' the Ryobi name, for power tools that they have made to their (Home Depot's, that is) specifications.
Nothing about the Home Depot deal prevents Ryobi (the company), from manufacturing tools for 'somebody else', nor from selling tools _themselves_, under something _other_than_ the Ryobi name.
All confused now? good. <grin>

think they are a good value, but would be just as glad to buy HD tools.

What? Ryobi is a Techtronics comapny. Last I heard, they were just only selling them at HD at the moment, not renting their name out.
After Emerson stopped making many of the Ridgid (a name Home Depot licenses from the Ridge plumbing tool company) tools, One World (another Techtronics company and basically Ryobi) picked up the slack.
Ryobi's been an OEM for Sears for 30 years now, and One World OEM's better tools to some other companies.
GTO(John)
Robert Wein asks:

What Borg owns Ryobi? Their parent company makes saws for Home Depot under the Ridgid name. It is not owned by HD unless things have changed since I went to Nashville Tuesday.