Sears 12" bandsaw motor pulleys out of alignment.

Hi,
anyone have one of these bandsaws?
I found one by the side of the road. I put it together and it has worked fine for a while. Except for the fact that the belt keeps falling off of the motor pulley.
It looks like the motor pulley and the pulley attached to the lower wheel are not in alignment. To put them into alignment both pulleys have to move so that they are half off their shafts.
Is this the way they are supposed to be? I can't seem to think of any other way to put the two pulleys in the same plane.
Thanks
Alex

I had one of those. Try moving the motor to align the pulleys.
Hi,
I've moved both pulleys as close as possible to the end of their shafts. They are need to move about 1/2" - 3/4" before they are co planer. I can't move the motor any closer unless there is some way to exchange the cover of the motor to make it flatter.
The only thing I can think of doing right now is buying a 5/8" shaft and making it 1" longer and replacing the existing shaft with that one.
Alex
Leon wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@rbc.com wrote:

I can't picture this. Maybe you could take a photo of your saw and post it to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking?
I've also got a (1960's vintage) 12" Craftsman BS. The motor is mounted below the body of the saw with the shaft pointing towards the back, in the same direction as the shaft from the lower (driving) wheel. I don't see how moving *both* pulleys to the ends of their shafts could possibly change the relative alignment. Maybe your saw has the motor mounted differently than mine?
Hi,
I'll find a digitial and post a picture.
Both pulleys are on right. If I flip the directions then they have to move further apart from each other so that the set screw has something to latch on.
Alex
Roy Smith wrote:

Is one pulley on backwards? Or both?
Art

snipped-for-privacy@rbc.com wrote in

is it possible that the motor has been disassembled and then reassembled wrong? Are you certain you have the motor mounted corrrectly? What about moving either the saw or motor? What is the model number?
Hi,
I have some pictuers now that I will try to upload them. I think the motor is back together properly I just had it rebuilt.
The model number is: 113.279491C
Similar models
113.248322 113.243311 113.243310
Thanks