Searching for (new) wood supplier

Reply to
Jeff Zahnle

Renata: I can say that Steve Wall is a good guy to deal with, when I lived in NC I used to go up to Mayodan and buy wood. My buddy ordered stock shipped, and they always gave him nice picks, and he never complained, so I'd give Wall a vote of confidence. His prices are competitive as well. Good luck.

Reply to
BiggMutt53

you ARE kidding, right?

dave

Jim Wils> Bay Area Dave wrote...

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Hey, join in; the water's fine! Don't be a wallflower all your life! Have you got a real NAME?

Disclaimer. god, I hate these! The above was a J O K E. as in "don't take me seriously".

dave

JR9er wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Nope. The post you responded to, where you said

contained exactly two names: Bay Area Dave and Mike.

Maybe you'd better read it again? The post did contain the word "ass," but it wasn't used as a name. Webster or equivalent should clear that up for you, if that was the source of your confusion.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

ah, you are fulfilling your calling as the perfect role model, I see! I'm sure your momma is proud of you now! She taught you all the big words, did she, like "pompous". Don't forget now, Jeffrey, that you have to use a word THREE times to "own it".

dave

Jeff Zahnle wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Cabinet shops are also an option, but what I meant was the wholesalers who sell plywood, hardwood, plastic laminate and lumber to the cabinet shops. Most of them also sell to the general public. If you have a large order, they also make deliveries (although delivery policies probably vary from store to store. There may be a minimum order or a delivery charge.)

David

remove the key to email me.

Reply to
J Pagona aka Y.B.

Yeah, but I think you're kinda far from MD. ;-)

Renata

Reply to
Renata

To clarify...

The truck is a potential future purchase, being driven more by my intention to get into housing rehab. Combined w/my ww needs I hope that "justifies" the purchase.

(I sure do miss my truck.)

Right now, when I need smaller quantites of wood, I tend to not want to rent a truck to pick up a few board feet. That's why I like mail order. Besides, I don't have to go runnign around the countryside looking for a decent price on wood (which don't really exist in the DC area).

Obviously, if I had intentions of picking up a nice size load, I'd get a truck and find a well stocked and priced place. Right now, I changed my design and decided I needed to add some "stiles" and "rails" to my enertainment center sides and needed some 6/4 cherry. This doesn't warrant getting a truck, though my neighbor has been kind enough to offer use of her (rented) Dakota. One of these days we're gonna take a trip to Gaithersburg and get my wood.

Renata smart, not dumb for email

Reply to
Renata