Searching for (new) wood supplier

Page 2 of 4

Hmmm
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006JMSL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
(Bay Area Dave) burbled: Why did you assume I was in the Navy? So tell me again why someone who whines about having a business without the necessary equipment <snip> how a person who makes money woodworking doesn't have a truck for hauling supplies, equipment, or whatever, comes on here to whine about the lack thereof, complains about a $500 minimum that ONE company she dealt with just instituted, <snip>
Sigh. And, I had promised myself I wouldn't respond to any posts from Homer, unless he posted in response to a post of mine first. Ah well, so it goes.
Well, Homer, were you in the Navy?
I didn't see any whining, by Renata. She stated a problem, using capitals, and punctuation; and asked for input. Instead, she gets Homer.
There is no requirement for a person making money, or even a living, woodworking, to own a truck, or even a trailer. When I was a kid, a man just up the way from us made his living woodworking, out of a one-car garage. He had no truck, he had no trailer that I know of. Yet, he made a living, and supported himself and his wife, with no probem. I knew another man, he didn't even have a vehicle.
Same thing, there's no rule some has to buy $500 worth of wood at a time. Yes, a company can make a rule like that. No, it does not mean she has to buy that much, or that anyone has to. Even if anyone did have the $500, they might not have room to store that much wood. I sell some stuff, and it would be a really major hardship on me to come up with $500 for a wood purchase. But, it's a moot point, because I don't have storage room.
I know this is a shot in the dark, but why don't you give a reply that is actually of use, once in awhile?
JOAT Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. - Unknown
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 18 Dec 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
RKON, random as ever...
dave
RKON wrote:

Come On Dave. You have never seen "The Incredible Mr. Limpet"? He had the most distinguished Naval Career.
Just Joking.
BTW. Why did you jump all over Renata's and tell her to stop whining?

No! I'm vaguely aware of that name, but I don't know where the character comes from! Maybe I was watching Shindig instead! :)
seriously, what year or thereabouts was this character?
dave
RKON wrote:

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid `024806&trkidi634
BTW. Why did you jump all over Renata's and tell her to stop whining?

it wasn't so much of "jumping all over her" as the ensuing arguments indicate. I was being facetious about a couple of things, ALONG WITH my recommendation to get a truck, but THAT got lost in the shuffle. IF you check her later posts, she called me some choice names, and then mentioned to someone else SHE IS GONNA GET A TRUCK! I rest my case!
dave
RKON wrote:

I can't imagine why people havent killfiled this guy, as I did months ago. It has saved a lot of time and aggrevation. What's the use in reacting to him??? Jay

Scott Cramer wrote:

Who, Dave? Is he still around? Wow, killfiles rock! :)
Scott, take a lesson from Silvan, PLEASE!.
dave
Silvan wrote:

On 19 Dec 2003, Bay Area Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

    How would killfiling you change your status as the Wreck's resident asshole?

Your premise is not based on fact. Sorry.
Keep trying, though. someday you'll get it.
(Do the words "mirror" and "man" mean anything to you?)
dave
Scott Cramer wrote:

On 19 Dec 2003, Bay Area Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

    I don't see a stampede of posts arguing to the contrary. Other than your own, of course.
    I have seen any number of them confirming my position, however.
who would be as idiotic as YOU to push a lost cause? namely this STUPID argument. Havent' you had enough, already? How about if I tell you NOW that you can have the LAST WORD. would that satisfy your need to "win" (I use the term loosely)?
enough...this is boring now...
dave
Scott Cramer wrote:

oops...
(didn't get this far before I posted a reply)
<blush>
I had to stoop to unladylikeness and it's all BAD's fault!
<bg>
But I thank both of you for the thought, anyway
Renata
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:13:34 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

HA! Too late! (You KNOW who's fault it is when you fly off the handle...)
dave
Renata wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

You know Dave, when I first started reading this group, not long ago, I read your posts, and thought "he seems like a nice guy, I wonder why others treat him so badly". Thank you for enlightening me. Now I know.
...Mike
You are welcome, Mike. I'd hate to keep you in the dark about so important an issue as my popularity, or lack thereof.
Explain to me your rationale for making a negative character assessment of me because of the options I listed .
BTW, as far as I am concerned you are WHINING about me. If I offend you so, just plonk me and enjoy the Wreck without my presence. Wouldn't that be the adult thing to do, rather than expect me to change into a clone of you; someone who wrote everything from YOUR viewpoint?
dave
Mike Alexander wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

No, I don't wish anyone to be a clone of me. Diversity is a wonderful thing. But just because I don't want or expect you to be like me, doesn't mean you have to be an ass.
...Mike
Can't think of anything intelligent to say so you resort to name calling.
That's great form, Mike and shows a lot of class.
Grow up! Learn to communicate like a big boy.
dave
Mike Alexander wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote...

Um, where did he do that?!
Not that there's anything WRONG with it. [tm Jerry Seinfeld]
Jim