sealing end grains on gate / compressor bleed out

Page 3 of 3
Many do not know the difference between atomic and molecular chemistry.
Pure water contains no oxygen molecules.
Lil Miss T'isn't to follow.
I don't live near the ocean, but on the rivers where I live, steel coal barges don't rust as much under water than along the water line where lots of oxygen is present.
--
Jack
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away
I don't live near the ocean, but on the rivers where I live, steel coal barges don't rust as much under water than along the water line where lots of oxygen is present.
--
Jack
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away
Cyber bully gang clone post
Send complaint with headers to snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com
---------------------------
Do not forget snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com ---------------------------
I don't live near the ocean, but on the rivers where I live, steel coal barges don't rust as much under water than along the water line where lots of oxygen is present.
--
Jack
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away

I have no leakage as long as I don't leave tools on the lines.
I have the short line from the bottom and also a tee at the regular outlet. I run one hose up through the rafters to the fron of my garage shop to use on my pocket holer, filling tires and working up front. The other line runs overhead and drops between my cutoff and work table. If I leave a nail gun on the line it will bleed but if I drop it of, the system stays tight forever.
I do turn it off however. I had a blow out once with a bad attach to a hose and found the compressor running when I cam home, so just a habit but it is always full tanked when I flip her on.
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Now there is an idea waiting to happen... I almost never drain my compressor, and have had it for around 30 years. If I'd have thought of this idea, I may have hooked up an air gun to the thing... Every time this subject comes up, I eagerly wait for my tank to explode in a pile of rust... then I forget about it for another year or 5:-)
You should send this one in for a tip of the day magazine thing-ee, and maybe get a free tool of some sort. This is one of those smack your head ideas...
I have several air guns I never use for anything, one has just a button you press... I could hook that directly with no hose and just tap the button with my foot... hmmmm...
--
Jack
Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

b. Leaving pressure on the tank is OK, leaving condensation in the tank is not. I mounted a galvanized pipe and elboe and ball valve on mine and I keep the ball valve cracked open just enough to keep the water out. The compressor runs 1~2 times a day when not in use.