Sealing End Grain PlywoodHigh Density Particle board

Recently installed some casework and in a couple of places end grain is exposed and the customer wants us to seal that. Both plywood and particle board suck up coatings and I am curious what would work best to seal those surfaces.
Years ago I saw some cabinets with their bases sealed with something they called shellac with a lot of wax - does that make any sense - it really sealed the wood.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks
Seems like Anchorseal from uccoatings would work. It's wax in a polyglycol matrix, and it permeates really well. It would leave a thin layer of wax on the surface, but you could wipe that off. Cheers, G
butch burton wrote:

Why not edge band the exposed board edge?
good guy do you tell me some wholesalers or dealers for hardplywood,such as okume/birch/pine/poplar plywood from china,i want to buy some,then i can use them as subfloors,roofs and walls thank you for your kindness please send the message to my snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com