SealCoat

I went to Lowes to buy a can of Zinsser SealCoat and looked for the date of manufacture which has always been on the can. Instead, all I found was a lot number. I thought this might just be a Lowes thing so I went to Woodcraft - same thing.
Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know how to translate a lot number into a date of manufacture?
I emailed Zinsser and am awaiting an answer - if I get one.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t 269
That info was not totally correct. Here is the correct info
Zinsser
Date code:
So for S0O258D the codes is after the S Y M OND for Oct, Nov, Dec ## Day of Month
Batch number 8D
0 for 2010 O for october 25 for the 25th and it is batch 8D
On 12/15/2010 10:07 PM, Artemus wrote:

That info was not totally correct. Here is the correct info
Zinsser
Date code:
So for S0O258D the codes is after the S Y M OND for Oct, Nov, Dec ## Day of Month
Batch number 8D
0 for 2010 O for october 25 for the 25th and it is batch 8D
On 12/15/2010 10:07 PM, Artemus wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:47:55 +0000, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Thanks to those who responded. I even got an answer from Zinsser already. Brownie points for them!
But I still liked the date better :-).