Seal Coat

Has Zinsser Seal Coat been pulled off of the market?

Reply to
nospambob

not according to their website

ROY!

I bought two gallons this week, and the dealer told me it's selling better every day. It's still on the Zinsser site:

Why do you ask?

**
**

B A R R Y

Probably a response to those anti-fur activists.

Reply to
George

There's a "Dirty Jobs" episode!

"Seal Shearing"

**
**

B A R R Y

probably because they don't sell truckloads of the stuff. I've noticed that they tend to drop good products that don't move off of the shelf as soon as they put it out.

Most recently, I tried to find a can of Minwax Antique Oil Finish, and I thought the same as you. I searched three local Borgs with no luck, then checked their web site to see that it was still available. I finally found it at a Tru Value hardware store.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Wife checked at both BORGs ans found none. Thanks for the responses, I'll let my feet do the walking.

Reply to
nospambob

I've never seen sealcoat at the borgs. However, I have seen zinsser shellac at home depot. And while the names are the same, reading the label shows that while the gallon and quart cans of shellac have wax (clue is warning not to use under poly), the aerosol of the same name is wax-free. So I bought a couple of aerosol cans of that as a seal-coat substitute where spraying is more convenient.

Reply to
alexy

Woodcraft carries it if there's one near you.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard