scroll saw stand

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone have an idea?
Any help would be appreciated
Searcher1
Searcher wrote:

Mine is on top of my Sears roll-around tool cabinet. It's exactly the right height for use when I sit on chair.
-- Mark
I made my stand out of an old brake drum from a cat & a section of pipe. I got the idea from the city shops ... very heavy & stays put. I can post a pic if desired.
Searcher wrote:

Searcher wrote:

What brand/model scroll saw? Here's one for the DeWalt DW788:
http://www.Tools-Plus.com/d-adw7880.html
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:37:39 +0000, Searcher wrote:

Like most machine stands, I'd just build a plywood box on wheels. This gives a solid base for the machine, storage, and mobility.
Specific to the scroll/jigsaw, though: 1) Give some thought to blade storage. Scrollsaw blades are often stored in small tubes and purchased by the gross. 2) Some scrollie users prefer to be seated while using the machine. You may want to try that out and adjust the plan accordingly. 3) Also, some of the seated scrollers have their machines at a rather rakish angle, so you may want to try elevating the back of the machine and see how you like that.
Post pics of your contraption to abpw!
--
Joe Wells

i used a small tool stand and cut 4" from the front legs to tilt the table forward i've posted a picture in ABPW it works great. the light is from staples
Searcher wrote:

That looks good, It seems that others "like" the tilt? I have not tried it this way. Does it make cuts easier or is it more along the lines of ergonomics? I was looking at a bench grinder stand and thinking that might work for me. I am going to look at one at Sears tomorrow and see if it will "stand" up sturdy. If not I could always mount the base to plywood. Thanks for the picture, it really helps to put things in perspective.
RIch AKA Searcher1

I will post another pict on ABPW in a second. This is jsut a picture I've kept in my "projects to do" directory. I think pretty old picture.
-Dan

Check Delta. They have a nice three leg stand. Its for their scroll saws, but will adapt to other without much work.
Jack
-- Learn from the mistakes of others. Trust me, you cant live long enough to make them all yourself. Ive tried!!

I understand that the three legged stands are less prone to vibration problems VS. the four leg style.
--

Roger Shoaf

Harbor freight sells a universal type for like $19, the metal angle iron type. I almost bought one as it appeared to be just perfect size and height. Other than that just about any of the Workmate sort of stands work fine (thats what I use). Got a cheapie from Sears that has scissoring legs and a folding top that locks into place. Grandpa John
Searcher wrote:

I just plop my 16" Delta scrollsaw on top of my workbench when I need it. It only weighs maybe 50 lbs or so, and floorspace is at a premium in my small shop.
Both Dewalt and Delta sell stands that are specific for scrollsaws: (Amazon.com product link shortened)- 1455004?v=glance (Amazon.com product link shortened)- 1455004?v=glance
If you want a permanent one, then you can buy the little universal metal stands at most places including Harbor Freight or the Borg.
Or if you need a packaged plan to make one yourself, then check out: http://woodstore.woodmall.com/supscrolstan.html
Cheers, Nate