Scroll Saw Semi-Gloat?

I just got back from Lowes where I picked up a Delta scroll saw for $59.00... It isn't a variable speed, but what the heck, its a scroll saw.... I didn't have one. Now I do..
I got that same scroll saw at Lowes back early this year for $39.00. N-y-y-a-a-a-a-h-h!!
For what it does, I think it's a good price even at $59.

Dang! Why didn't ya tell somebody! <grin> I figure for what I'm gonna do with it, it will pay for itself pretty quick... gonna make some templates to route numbers on mailbox posts in a big subdivision. There will be a bunch of them I am sure so those templates will save me a lot of time...(nobody had any 3" ones)

saw
its a

Were you the guy looking for 3" high numbers for a template? If you have trouble finding the outlines for them try using the black plastic stick-on numbers for house numbers or boats. They come in 3" sizes.
solarman wrote:

Yep that was me. I ended up hunting down a font or two that came close to the numbers and bumped them up to a little bigger than 3" and printed them out. I just got the scroll saw tonight but plan to cut them out tomorrow on some 1/4" lexaa and build a jig to hold the templates to route by...
Thats a good idea too with the stick on numbers...