Scroll Saw Newby

SWMBO got me a scroll saw - Dremel 1680.
Can anyone suggest a book or website that'll get me started in the right direction.
Thanks for your help
hus

I loved my 1680 (until I killed it) Here's a few suggestions; Books: Shop-Tested Scrollsaw Techniques; Anything by Patrick Spielman to do with scrollsaws; There's a great video on e-bay (A - Z Fretworking) that you can get for about $15 (shipping included). There's a ton of great websites and user groups, msn's Free Scrollsaw Patterns is a great group to get started with. As far as websites here's a few; http://www.scrollsawer.com/scrollerscorner.htm http://www.saw-online.com / http://www.mikesworkshop.com/ (also a great source for the very best blades). One word of warning.....scrolling can be addictive :).
Kevin Daly http://hometown.aol.com/kdaly10475/page1.html
Kevin Daly wrote:

[snip]
Did you replace it with something?     j4

The Dremel was a reconditioned unit that I got for $99. I've replaced t with a craftsman 16" variable speed (it's the same exact saw with different colored plastic and no lights). I was able to get it on sale plus my discounts for $90. As I consider the Dremel a hobbyist saw as well as the craftsman, I have no complaints (I put 40+ hours a week on the saws cutting a variety of hardwoods). For the money these are quite good, eventually I'll step up to a Hegner or Excalibur saw once I make enough from the projects made with the craftsman and dremels.
Kevin Daly http://hometown.aol.com/kdaly10475/page1.html Kevin Daly Mattatuck Astronomical Society http://hometown.aol.com/kdaly10475/index.html
I'll add just one more... www.scrollsaws.com IMO, Rick's got some of the most balanced reviews and advice around. GerryG
On 09 Sep 2004 10:28:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Kevin Daly) wrote:

An online chat at: http://se.allthingswood.com/apirc /
I also have a 1680, but no room to work with it right now. I hope to build a small workshop next spring, if we don't float away this summer.
I need a good pattern for a "No Fishing, No Swimming" sign for my front yard. A neighbor already has a silouette of a boy fishing in the ditch next to their driveway. This week the fish on the end of his line was floating in the water.
Bob McConnell N2SPP