Scroll Saw Newby

SWMBO got me a scroll saw - Dremel 1680.

Can anyone suggest a book or website that'll get me started in the right direction.

Thanks for your help

hus

Reply to
yessuh

I loved my 1680 (until I killed it) Here's a few suggestions; Books: Shop-Tested Scrollsaw Techniques; Anything by Patrick Spielman to do with scrollsaws; There's a great video on e-bay (A - Z Fretworking) that you can get for about $15 (shipping included). There's a ton of great websites and user groups, msn's Free Scrollsaw Patterns is a great group to get started with. As far as websites here's a few;

(also a great source for the very best blades). One word of warning.....scrolling can be addictive :).

Kevin Daly

Kevin Daly

[snip]

Did you replace it with something? j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
GerryG

Sign up at

An online chat at:

also have a 1680, but no room to work with it right now. I hope to build a small workshop next spring, if we don't float away this summer.

I need a good pattern for a "No Fishing, No Swimming" sign for my front yard. A neighbor already has a silouette of a boy fishing in the ditch next to their driveway. This week the fish on the end of his line was floating in the water.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

The Dremel was a reconditioned unit that I got for $99. I've replaced t with a craftsman 16" variable speed (it's the same exact saw with different colored plastic and no lights). I was able to get it on sale plus my discounts for $90. As I consider the Dremel a hobbyist saw as well as the craftsman, I have no complaints (I put 40+ hours a week on the saws cutting a variety of hardwoods). For the money these are quite good, eventually I'll step up to a Hegner or Excalibur saw once I make enough from the projects made with the craftsman and dremels.

Kevin Daly

Daly Mattatuck Astronomical Society

Kevin Daly