scroll saw blades for metal

I just recvd an order of Olson metal cutting blades, #5, and had quite a few of them break just trying to tighten the thumbscrew. In the past I have used about 2 blades to cut a particular pattern, and ended up using 24 Olson blades to accomplish the same amount of work. In the past I have used the blades that came in an assortment from Dewalt(DW3948) with no similar problems. I do not know who makes Dewalts blades, but I know not to order metal cutting blades from Olson if they are that brittle. Suggestions...?

Reply to
ivebeenframed

Nice guy to do bussiness with and good blades

Ray R

I order my metal cutting blades from RioGrande by the several gross. I get the Laser Gold($21/gross). The cheapo blades made in India and thereabouts are, IMHO, worthless. I use a jeweler's saw to cut 18 gauge sheet metal(steel) and 16 oz copper. I tried using my scroll saw once but it was just TOO EXCITING with all that jumping around and enough heat that I couldn't hold on. Their website is

but right now I can't seem to access. Their phone is (800)-545-6566 Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote