Scroll saw blade question

I have recently been cutting 2" cedar on scroll saw with a fence clamped to base to cut straight lines. I was using a regular blade and it was adequate but was wondering whether if I used a spiral blade it would be better and not want to wander so much? Anyone tried this?
Thanks Gerry
Gerry:
By 2", I presume this is really 1.5 inches or so. True 2 inches thick stock is too thick for most scroll saws.
Spiral blades would not help you out in such a thick cut. Spiral blades are for when you cannot easily turn the stock to change feed direction.
Have you tried Flying Dutchman blades? http://www.mikesworkshop.com /
Try a # 7 or maybe a # 9 "Polar" Flying Dutchman. I think the Polar blades are double skip tooth design (tooth, double skip.) The #7 and #9 Polar have only 14 teeth per inch.
A scroll saw is NOT a bandsaw! Different tools.
This NG does not have a lot a scroll saw messages. There are forums that are dedicated to scroll sawing you could post your messages to: Wood magazine and Rockler have forums. also: http://www.woodworkingcrafts.com/info/forums/index.php and http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/index.php
Phil

Thanks for thoughts and advice Phil. Those sites are just what I'm looking for.
BTW a scroll saw sometimes needs to be used "like " a band saw when you can't afford both.
Thanks again Gerry