Scroll saw baldes

What brand of scroll saw blades are the best?

I'm tasked with cutting out 36 8.5 x 11 jigsaw puzzles out of 1/4" birch ply.

I was in the blue borg last night and their selection totaled Vermont American and Dremel.

I got a couple of packs of the Dremels and they dull very quickly, possibly good for cutting styrofoam if your not in a hurry.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Tryt Olsen blades. They are widely available, though not at the Big Box stores. Better suppliers will have them in great variety of configurations, i.e., tpi, round, double cutting, etc.

including On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:15:42 -0600, "basilisk" wrote:

Reply to
Joe Bleau

The two i use are Olsen (pgt) and Flying Dutchman (mikesscrollsa.com) The FD blades are very reasonable, and are great

shelly

Reply to
smandel

Same here. I thin that Mikes web shop is this:

some things (thin brass sheets etc.) jewellery blades are pretty nice (please use eye protection, bits and pieces are going to fly) and very cheap (something like 7 USD per gross). My last batch is from here:
malm

Reply to
Seismo R. Malm

I use Olsen as well, even when I cut Corian. I've tried a couple others but these seem to hold up better and are easier for me to get. `Casper

Reply to
Casper

> seismo malm

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to get some Olsens and possibly order some of the flying dutchman, Up to now I've never done any production scroll sawing, I need better blades for this kind of work.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Had a bunch of Olsen and they were ok. After reading some posts about blades a year or so ago, went and got Flying Dutchman blades and they're terrific!

I got mine here:

Woody

Reply to
smandel