Scroll Saw

I would rarely use a scroll saw, but this one looks to be a good deal. Google search doesn't provide very much info for a reasonable value, but $75 isn't a lot of money for this name brand item. http://lafayette.craigslist.org/tls/3124737365.html
Anyone have an idea of a reasonable value, though I'm thinking of buying for the asking price?
Sonny

I'd grab it at the price. Last time I saw one like that was many years ago in our garage. About mid 1950's or so.

Got the scrool saw and the yet to be advertised Foley-Belsaw bandsaw for $120, plus 19 red oak boards, 5/4 X 12" X 10', for $30.
Sonny

Want to double your money? I'll give you $60 for the oak boards. You can't do that good at the bank or in the stock market.

That was both the scroll saw (model 435) and bandsaw (model 480) for $120. Seller is a young guy, not interested in woodworking. Was his grandfather's (passed away) tools and lumber. I'll give the bandsaw to a nephew, who'll likely inherit some of my other tools, as well. I have no children.

Good deal! Wish I had something like that come up in my area. Saw a Henger recently but they were asking too close to the new price to be worth the clean up. All I see is tiny cheapos or really old broken shop sizes that can't be repaired.
Had an opportunity to get a big shop Delta from my father-in-law but after he died last march, stepmom cut everyone out and got rid of everything, as long as it wasn't to family. /sigh .. She ran off with my hydraulic jack, come-a-long and a few other tools that belonged to my father. Don't you just hate family sometimes?
That's a great price for the wood. You suck.. How big is the bandsaw? Sounds like a good deal...
Enjoy.
On 7/8/2012 8:10 PM, Sonny wrote:

On Jul 9, 10:21am, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

It's a 14" with 7" clearance. Not big, but a good starter bandsaw. It's pretty heavy and looks well made, so it's not a pansy bandsaw. It's in good shape, no rust, still a good paint job, needs some cleaning to make it shine. Here's a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04 /
I picked up the lumber this evening and some of it has powderpost beetle holes. I didn't see any fresh dust, so hopefully no bugs are in it. I just sprayed it and will let it sit overnight, sticker it tomorrow to dry, before stacking it with the other lumber. Not seen before, there were two 2X6 X 8' pieces of oak and what looks like two redwood boards, 6' & 8', both 5/4 and 12" or better wide. He gave me those, also.
Sonny