Scroll saw

A few weeks ago I asked about a starter saw. Thanks for all the replys. Many of the reviews I read were both hot & cold on each saw, save the Dewalt 788. It arrived yesterday, nice saw. I was very reluctant to spend that much, but now I'm happy with the buy. My question is who is the dealer to buy blades from, and what to look for?
There are several good brands of blades around but I prefer Olson. I'm putting together an order tomorrow for Sloan's Woodshop. Take a look at his web site. (www.sloanswoodshop.com) I've bought wood and acrylic from him in the past. His prices on Olson blades seems competitive. Buy them by the gross.
Check the ads in Creative Woodworks & Crafts and Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts. Both magazines cater to scrollers and the ads are informative.
Check Rick Hutcheson's web site for good scroll saw blade information. It is important to learn the types of blades available and how to match the different types to your project. (www.scrollsaws.com)
Check Judy Gale Roberts' web site (www.intarsia.com) They carry On Line blades. I've not tried them but everything else they do is first class.
John Flatley Jacksonville, Florida
--
A lot of money is tainted. It taint yours and it taint
mine.

"Rick Samuel" < snipped-for-privacy@moment.net> wrote in message
Rick Samuel wrote:

Look for a dealer that sells "Olson PGT (Precision Ground Tooth) Blades". See:
http://www.olsonsaw.com/pgt.html
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA