scroll saw

Im looking to buy a scroll saw for some patterns I am looking to cut out, mostly toys, and ornaments and things like that. As ive never bought one before what should I look for and can you recommend any? Can a good one be bought for under 200$ or do I need to spend more?

Reply to
a34655

hi just looking at the posts here in the last few months the opinion seems to be the $500 delwalt is the cheapest good one. there seems to be a division of crap 0-130 and a division of junk 131-200 then good 500 then very good

1000. . Now I have read some articles in the magazines that say that machines in the 150 range work ok I haven't seen any. do some googleing in the group a lot has been posted just in the last few months.

Reply to
Leonard Shapiro

If you are really limited in budget, search Craig's list and ebay. Just about every week in our town, someone posts a used scrollsaw for $40-60. I'm not a scrollsaw expert, but you could put a rubber pad underneath it and bolt it to a workbench to help reduce vibration (the main complaint about cheaper saws).

If you enjoy it, you can save up for a premium saw.

Reply to
bf