Scroll saw

Thanks to all with their comments & advice on a scroll saw purchase, which I narrowed down to the DeWalt, for a vibration-free machine. I finally lucked out & bought one locally. DeWalt at this time is giving a sale. I bought mine for $370. This was almost half price from list. The cheapest DeWalt I could find on the internet was 470.oo then shipping to Hawaii would have been an additional cost.

Smitty

Reply to
papadoo1

Smitty:

FYI: This Newsgroup doesn't have a lot of scroll saw threads. MSNgroups has a couple of groups for exchanging scroll saw patterns.

Also there are a couple of moderated forums for scroll saw:

a very active forum. A lot of threads for newbies to hobby. Also has a lot of members from Europe, South Africa, New Zealand, Taiwan, other places. and
a much smaller forum, but threads tends to be more focused on scroll sawing for crafts shows.

A lot of basic info on scroll sawing can be found by browsing Rick's place:

go to Mike's workshop for the best blades, Flying Dutchman:
. For a newbie to hobby I recommend the assortment pack. If you email Mike, you might get a good deal on the intro assortment pack.

Phil

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

Smitty:

PS: Great Gloat on the new DeWalt saw. You will love it.

Phil

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

Phil:

Thanks a lot for the several links. I have never done any scrollsaw work in my life, but saw the wooden gear clock in a recent issue of Scrollsaw magazine and want to try to make one. The author, Marc Tovar, has given me the website of Rick and I'll be ordering blades from him. Marc has also given me a lot of tips via email. He was the one to recommend the deWalt saw.

Smitty

saw:

is a very active forum. A lot of threads for newbies to hobby.

place:

> IMHO: go to Mike's workshop for the best blades, Flying Dutchman:
.

Reply to
papadoo1