Scroll Saw

I am looking at buying a scroll saw. I have been looking at the DeWalt 20" saw and would like your comments. I have never used a scroll saw before because I have a band saw but I am looking to saw some smaller details. I would like your comments and will they do somethings that I currently do with my band saw?
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Bill Smith) wrote:

I've had one for about 4 years & never have had a problem with it. I give it a work out butchering 3/4" mesquite.
Jim Boatman http://home.swbell.net/jb5/ar98/Woodwork.html
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Bill Smith) writes:

I took a scrollsaw class (er, you might think about that too) and got a chance to try out a number of different scroll saws. I ended up getting the Dewalt.
There are some things both saws can do. There are some things only a bandsaw can do (resawing, thick wood, etc). There are some things only a scroll saw can do (fine fretwork, inside cuts, etc).
Note that I have a teeny tiny blade for my bandsaw, but it's not the same as a scroll saw. The bandsaw just doesn't have enough control over the blade to compare to the scrollsaw.
Bill Smith wrote:

For the price I don't think you can beat the DeWalt DW788.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Bought Janis one for Xmas a couple years back. She loves it. Works on it most every weekend.
Happily, she lets me use it on occasion.