Scribe end of plywood veneer?

Hi,

I've got a piece of 3/4" oak plywood that is fitting as a desktop in an opening. I may have to scribe the edges to get a tight fit. Are there any tips out there for sanding the ends of the plywood so as not to splinter the veneer?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

If you're just sanding it to fit Chris, then you'll have no problems with splinter. Sand to your heart's content.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Make sure your sander is cutting down into the veneer, not up and away from it. I assume only one side matters to you, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Or... sand along it. I just assumed you'd be sanding along the cut and had not considered the above advice.

-Mike-

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Nice sharp block plane. Just plane into the corner. If you plane off the corner you could have chip out.

Montyhp

Reply to
Montyhp