Scribe end of plywood veneer?

Hi,
I've got a piece of 3/4" oak plywood that is fitting as a desktop in an opening. I may have to scribe the edges to get a tight fit. Are there any tips out there for sanding the ends of the plywood so as not to splinter the veneer?
Thanks,
Chris
Chris wrote:

If you're just sanding it to fit Chris, then you'll have no problems with splinter. Sand to your heart's content.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

Nice sharp block plane. Just plane into the corner. If you plane off the corner you could have chip out.
Montyhp
Make sure your sander is cutting down into the veneer, not up and away from it. I assume only one side matters to you, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Pounds on Wood wrote:

Or... sand along it. I just assumed you'd be sanding along the cut and had not considered the above advice.
-Mike-