Screws vs dowels

Page 3 of 3
RE: Subject
Disclaimer:
I build "Brick Outhouses", not "Fine Furniture".
Use dowels to pin corner box joints on boat hatches and M/T joints on furniture.
Do my best to avoid either dowels or fasteners; however, if required, use S/S, coarse thread, sheet metal, self tapping screws followed by plugs in typical yacht fashion. (Yes, keep a plug cutter handy)
Lew

Lots of argument to and fro on this, but surely the answer is...
"What would Norm do?"
Dave Gordon wrote:

:)
Brads, of course--(but only until the glue dries)...