Screw hole plug options

I'd like to refinish an old chair that has at least 20 counterbored screw holes, Rather than putting the original 1/2" wooden plugs back in I want to tart up the finish a bit with some decorative metal plugs. Something dark with an "antique" finish and a pattern on the head would be perfect.
I've been to several local hardware stores and Googled this to death, but wood and plastic seem to be the only options. Would anyone have suggestions on where to look next?
Thanks, Terry
On 10 Aug 2005 20:01:43 -0700, the opaque snipped-for-privacy@spammotel.com clearly wrote:

Glue metal buttons/caps onto wooden plugs?
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Larry Jaques wrote::

If you're referring to clothes buttons, that's not a bad idea. Googling for screw caps/button plugs turns up a limited choice.
Terry