Screw Extractors Needed

I used to have a set of screw extractors that were somehow misplaced. They were cylindrical tubes that had teeth at the end. The idea was that you drilled a hole around the broken screw and extracted it. The od of the tubes were the same as dowels so that you could plug the holes with a dowel and have fresh wood. Does anyone know of a source for these. I have done some searching but without any success. Thanks for any and all help.

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote in news:1122056867.698795.277950 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Woodcraft

1-800-225-1153 part numbers 124210 (1/4"), 124211 (5/16"), and 124212 (3/8"). $14.99- $17.99. Not cheap, but the right tool for the job!

Reply to
Dan Major

McFeely's carries them.

Reply to
Fred

Wood Discussions like this be allowed in Fam.woodworking?

Reply to
Bob Officer

How deep was the screw? Most good screws are rated on how well they were driven. Another consideration is the speed.

Fast screw? Slow screw? A long, slow screw with a fast finish?

Yes, I do think that family-oriented discussions such as these are well on-topic for the fam.* hierarchy.

JD "what kind of head was that again?" S

Reply to
tinplated