Screw Extractors Needed

I used to have a set of screw extractors that were somehow misplaced. They were cylindrical tubes that had teeth at the end. The idea was that you drilled a hole around the broken screw and extracted it. The od of the tubes were the same as dowels so that you could plug the holes with a dowel and have fresh wood. Does anyone know of a source for these. I have done some searching but without any success. Thanks for any and all help.

Woodcraft www.woodcraft.com 1-800-225-1153 part numbers 124210 (1/4"), 124211 (5/16"), and 124212 (3/8"). $14.99- $17.99. Not cheap, but the right tool for the job!
McFeely's carries them.

Wood Discussions like this be allowed in Fam.woodworking?
--
Ak'toh'di

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:29:43 -0700, Bob Officer

How deep was the screw? Most good screws are rated on how well they were driven. Another consideration is the speed.
Fast screw? Slow screw? A long, slow screw with a fast finish?
Yes, I do think that family-oriented discussions such as these are well on-topic for the fam.* hierarchy.
JD "what kind of head was that again?" S