Score! Generates question

I picked up a Delta bandsaw off of Cragislist for a mere $15. The owner said HE bought it at a garage sale but couldn't keep the blade on it. When I got it home, inspection revealed no tire at all on one of the pulleys and the other two weren't looking good. I replaced the tires with new ones ($6.00) and all is well. Oh, it's not much of a bandsaw, obviously designed for light-duty, amateur, hobbyist-type putzing around, but the price was right.
But I've got a question:
The blade is 56 1/8" long. At 6 teeth per inch, that's 336.75 teeth per blade. If I move to 9 tpi, that's 505.125 teeth per blade.
I can't find 3/4 of a tooth or even 1/8th of a tooth. I've looked.
Where are the missing (partial) teeth?

In your head.

But who left them there?

Stretched blade maybe?
The top wheel is adjustable.
The blades are cut for tooth matching. It might snag if not.
I have the large riser block and use the ?? 104" ?? blade. I need to buy some - best look up the doc in the file drawer.
Mine is large, heavy cast iron. I cut logs with it to make bowl blanks when doing that - and have some re-saw done as well. Need a wide blade for good re-saw.
Martin
Brad Bruce wrote:

Once that mind-boggling mystery has been solved, it will be revered by future generations as THE cause that advanced woodworking to a whole new level.

There is a such thing as a "skip tooth" blade. Those partial teeth are the ones that are skipped depending on which tooth you use to begin your counting. ;~)
(snip)

I would look under all the half built projects on your workbench.
That is where I usually find things I am missing.
Larry C

Along with the spring for your kids toy you were trying to repair for him, but the spring went flying... ten years ago.
FWIW, my Chiwaneese band saw is also a 56 1/8". These are the choices I found and / or purchased in a 1/4" blade. My no name is not supposed to have 3/8" or larger (but it came with a 3/8" when I bought it off CL for $15.00). 75% of what I made on it are Scout Pine Wood Derby Cars.
Lowe's Vermont America M/N 31087 6 TPI Vermont America M/N 31082 15 TPI
Anderson's (a regional outfit?) Olson M/N WB55756 14 TPI? Olson M/N 55356 6 TPI?
Menard's M. K. Morse ZCBA14 14 TPI
I did not find any 56 1/8" bands at HFT or Sears. Did I answer any thing for you?
Mike in Ohio
HeyBub wrote:

If you want more reasily variety, go on line to some like Timberwolf or your local tool dealer, I have never had a problem having a BS blade made to my spec.
Michael Kenefick wrote:

You might be interested in this ad that appeared on today's Houston Craigslist:
--- begin quote
I have a lot of inventory I need to get rid of so I'm offering "welded to your length" band saw blades in specific material at rock bottom prices. You can order one or as many as you want at these prices.
Here is a list of the excess material I need to move.
3/16"..... 18T, 24T Carbon
1/4"....... 24T, 32T Carbon
3/8"....... 24T Carbon
1/2"....... 8T, 10T, 14T, 18T, 24T Carbon
5/8"....... 4T, 14T, 18T Carbon
3/4"........8T, 12T, 14T, 18T Carbon
1"...........6T, 8T, 10T, 18T Carbon ______________________________________________________________ 3/8"........10-14 Vari Tooth BiMetal 3/8"........14T BiMetal 1"...........4-6 Vari Tooth BiMetal 1"...........6T BiMetal 1 1/4".....4-6 Vari Tooth BiMetal 1 1/4".....5-8 Vari Tooth BiMetal 1 1/2".....4-6 Vari Tooth BiMetal
Note: Carbon is used for woods/plastics/softer metals like alum., brass & copper BiMetal is used for cutting steel.
Pricing is as follows:
Any length of 1/4" band in the above material $6.00 each
Any length of 3/8" band in the above material $6.00 each
Any length of 1/2" band in the above material $6.00 each
Any length of 3/4" band in the above material $7.00 each
Any length of 1" BiMetal in the above material (under 11') $20.00 each
Any length of 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" BiMetal in the above material $30.00 each
We can have your order made up and ready for pick up or shipping within 24 hrs.
Please feel free to contact me if you need additional information.
Thank You
--- end quote
So I ordered some - by length, not by number of total teeth.
Go to Craigslist, Houston, Tools, and scan for "blades"