SCMS max cut?

Can anyone tell me whch model SCMS has the largest cutting capacity when docking timber?

Thanks, Grant.

Reply to
Grant Byrne

nospam

Hi Grant, I cannot say which has the largest but my Makita 1013 will cut about 12" at

90`. However, I can cut about a 24" piece by plunge cutt> Can anyone tell me whch model SCMS has the largest cutting capacity when
Reply to
JGS

I've got a question about that. With this flipping technique, how exact is the entire cut? If you're really careful, can you use this method to make exact 90° cuts for a 24" span? If you were to use a square on this, would it show any variations?

Thanks

Reply to
Upscale

Depends on your tolerance, but you can get it really close. The board has= =20 to be flat, both sides must be straight and parallel, and the saw has to=20 be precisely aligned. But it can be done to within less than 1/32"=20 without too much headache, and to within 1/64" if you really try.

Reply to
Jim Wilson