SCMS max cut?

Can anyone tell me whch model SCMS has the largest cutting capacity when docking timber?
Thanks, Grant.
here: http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/088.html

Hi Grant, I cannot say which has the largest but my Makita 1013 will cut about 12" at 90`. However, I can cut about a 24" piece by plunge cutting the first half and then flipping the board around and starting the second cut in the kerf of the first. Cheers, JG
Grant Byrne wrote:

I've got a question about that. With this flipping technique, how exact is the entire cut? If you're really careful, can you use this method to make exact 90 cuts for a 24" span? If you were to use a square on this, would it show any variations?
Thanks

at
Upscale wrote...

Depends on your tolerance, but you can get it really close. The board has to be flat, both sides must be straight and parallel, and the saw has to be precisely aligned. But it can be done to within less than 1/32" without too much headache, and to within 1/64" if you really try.