SCMS advice

Looking to upgrade from my Hitachi CF8. Have narrowed my choices down to the ; DeWalt DW708 Bosch 4410 Hitachi C10 CFSH Makita LS1030 Pop. WWing magazine did a pretty good comparison in a recent issue. But they did not include the DeWalt as it is a 12"er. Anybody care to share there comments on the DeWalt and/or the others ? TIA Without some input on the DeWalt I will hold off my purchase till I can here more. Thanks much.
JP -
I've had the DW 708 and LOVED THAT SAW... until it got ripped off... I now have a Bosch 4412 12" slider that is easier to use with up-front controls for everything.
I think you'd be happy with the DeWalt, or either the 10 or 12" Bosch... Having used both, I would give a *slight* nod to the Bosch unit because the controls are easier to use and the miter detent stops feel, to me, more positive.
YMMV,
John Moorhead

they
here
On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:18:24 -0400, JPEracing wrote:

I have the DW708 and really like it. Since it's a 12" slider, it has about as much capacity as you'll see in a miter saw. I bought a refurb and saved about $100 off the new price. Look for the DW708R model number.
--
Joe Wells

Joe Wells wrote...

Same here, same here. Look to Tool King of Denver (www.toolking.com) for good prices.
Jim

<snip>
Dewalt DW708 also. Very happy, but it is a beefy mother to lug around. Easy to adjust and stays on mark even after being moved, but lugging it is no fun. Think CMS-SUV, wish I got one.
Jerry