SCMS

I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and spring for a Sliding Compound Miter Saw. The Makita seems to be a hands down winner by reviewers. However, I was curious if anyone has compared the LS 1013 to the LS 1212? Are they equivalent in quality and usefulness? Since the reason I am making the purchase is to help in building my pole barn/horse stables, I thought the 12" capacity would be worth the extra $100, but all the glowing reviews talk about the LS 1013. I was wondering if the LS 1212 was just as good a saw, but larger, or are there differences that make it less appealing. Anyone have any experience with both of these?
---Mike
Why not ask the guy at Home Depot...?
Swingman wrote:

I've got the 1212 and haven't noticed any slop in either the slide mechanism or the angle detantes (sp?). I think, in addition to cutting thicker/taller stock, it also has a longer cross cut - a smidge over 12" on 3/4" thick stuff.
As for more blade flex than the 10" - you can always put a 10" blade in a 12" saw but a 12" blade in a 10" saw ... If blade flex is an issue he could use a standard kerf blade which will reduce the possible problem. Have to cut a little slower but If he's going to be cutting long, big stuff get the optional hold ins and an extra hold down so both sides of the cut are held firmly.
My biggest gripe with the 1212 is the depth of cut mechanism. It's a joke. If it actually worked the saw could also be used for dadoes on up to 10+" wide stuff and maybe even getting tenon cheeks close.
charlie b