Scarfing:

Has anyone ever used an router set up in an jig to scarf plywood to make longer panels for an boat? Please advise if it is feaseable. Thanks for any Help.
Rey
Lots of people use a router and fixture to make long boat panels. Others, myself included, use a power plane. It is fast and the laminations show clearly where more has to be removed.

It is feasable. It's also rather tedious. Alternatives are a circular saw with a jig (very fast, but limited to thin ply); a handplane used freehand (simple, and fairly quick on thinner pieces); a powerplane used freehand (quick, easy to get carried away and plane more than intended); or a belt sander (hard to be accurate with).
I do mine with a handplane. If I was doing a lot, I'd probably go for a circular saw jig.
John

Check out the Gougeon Bros site.
The offer a scarfing jig for a circular saw designed specifically for scarfing plywood panels used to build boats.
Lew