Scanning the Sunday classifieds

Under building supplies for sale, in the Roanoke Times, I found a

30x70 chestnut log barn, from the 1800s.

Ah, to be young enough. Anyone interested can probably find it under

No pprice indicated, but my guess is that if the logs are in decent shape, it won't be cheap.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Sounds like that has cool shop potential. My wife and I often take a short trip out of town to relax. We stay in an 1860's 2 story log cabin that was an old tobacco drying shelter. The building was disassembled and transported from somewhere in the eastern US and was relocated in SE Texas. This thing is very solid.

Reply to
Leon

Since the American chestnut tree has been just about wiped out I imagine you could sell the lumber and build a really cool shop... and a house to go with it.

Reply to
Nova

Well, yeah, but...tearing that sucker down and constructing another house is beyond me at this stage of my life (closer to end game than the state cops thought I'd get when I was a kid, but that was more than 50 years ago). It was actually in the Miscellaneous section, too, not building supplies. My poplar sided 25x48 shop will have to suffice. We just put new windows in the house, a roof three years ago, and siding is due for replacement this month. And I did NONE of it. Great feeling.

Reply to
Charlie Self