Scandinavian Cradle

Hey all, I recently visited some friends who are getting ready to have a baby and noticed they had a very interesting cradle someone had made for them. It's apparently just called a Scandinavian Cradle. I would like to build one for my brother/sister-in-law who are now expecting. Unforuntately, I can't find dimensions/plans anywhere on the web and I only have one picture to work off of. Has anyone here built such a thing or know where I can find plans or dimensions for it?
Thanks in advance!
Add pictures here
✖

Less than a blink of an eye via Google Images produced this:
http://www.woodcraftplans.com/wts1010.htm
You could certainly scale it as you see fit.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com skrev:

Is this what you are lookin after ? (It is a classified advertisement/ad in Norwegian language) http://www.finn.no/finn/bap/object?finnkodey07718&sid ŠCvl3uLE358709&pos1&tot84&page=5
there are some dimensions in metric there
Roy Gustavsen

Add pictures here
✖
The second entry is closer to what I'm after. The only difference is that the cradle I saw actually rocks front to back, as opposed to side-to-side. Thanks for the entries though. I'm getting something I can work with now.
Add pictures here
✖
Simple. Just visit your friends again, this time with a tape measure.
B.

Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for the advice, but my friend lives 4 hours away. I'm hoping it won't resort to that. But thanks for wasting your time posting a smart-alec message.
Add pictures here
✖

Before you go get your panties in a bunch, ANYBODY who is serious about stealing ideas for projects has a tape measure with them all the time. I carry both tape measures and calipers in all vehicles. If I see something in a store (or elsewhere), I get out the tape measure, calipers and graph paper. Or just use the paper in my shirt pocket. (Yep, I am a nerd. I carry both paper and pen in my shirt pocket.) I can knock out a good drawing of almost anything in about two or three minutes.
For me, it is almost like an act of shoplifting. I carefully move my body about in a smooth and inconspicuous manner. I will even take a single measurement, take a photo and extrapolate all the other measurements by carefully measuring various parts of the piece in the photo.
And when all else fails, I sit down and design the piece based on memory. You obviously haven't done this very much. It wasn't a smart aleck suggestion. It was in fact a valid suggestion. And is in fact something that woodworkers (and other creative craftfolks) do on a regular basis.
And if you can't take a sensible suggestion without getting all flustered, maybe they have some room for you over on the cross stitching newsgroup.
Add pictures here
✖
Lee Michaels wrote:
> Before you go get your panties in a bunch, ANYBODY who is serious about > stealing ideas for projects has a tape measure with them all the time. I > carry both tape measures and calipers in all vehicles.
<snip the balance of a descriptive post>
Maybe you are a nerd but also testy I see<G>.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
With the bug you have up YOUR ass, I'm betting those friends are thankful you live that far away.
B.

Add pictures here
✖

Wouldn't bother with the cradle if I were you. You're not capable of doing a Google search and finding a picture of a Scandinavian Cradle in the very first link, so you surely wouldn't be capable of building the cradle. And just as obviously, you can't request you friend to email you a picture. Guess you're stuck.
Oh sorry, was that a smart-alec message? Not my intention. I'm just being perfectly honest. :)
Add pictures here
✖
Thu, Jul 20, 2006, 7:39am snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com (Upscale) doth truthfully state: Thanks for the advice, but my friend lives 4 hours away. I'm hoping it won't resort to that. But thanks for wasting your time posting a smart-alec message. Wouldn't bother with the cradle if I were you. You're not capable of doing a Google search and finding a picture of a Scandinavian Cradle in the very first link, so you surely wouldn't be capable of building the cradle. And just as obviously, you can't request you friend to email you a picture. Guess you're stuck. Oh sorry, was that a smart-alec message? Not my intention. I'm just being perfectly honest. :)
ROTFLMAO He probably hates his brother anyway, otherwise he'd be want to make 'em a rocking chair, which they can use for many, many, years, instead of a cradle, which can only be used for a short time, then will just gett in the way until the next kid or they get rid of it.
Anyway, a cradle is no big deal. Make a box you like, open top preferably, and then a pair of rockers to put it on, fasten the rocker on. Too small it's a doll cradle, so start over. No biggie.
JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal
Add pictures here
✖
Nothing smart alec about it. His advice was sound. Many things are made by many people in just that way. Personally, all I need is a picture or to have seen the piece once. Many people though, do need more than that. Nothing wrong with that. We all see things differently. Not knowing what your capabilities were, he couldn't have known that his suggestion wouldn't work for you.

Add pictures here
✖