SAWTENSIONING Book ?

Is there a proper Handbook of SAW TENSIONING?

I have to tension A Still circular Saw 1700 mm dia

10 mm thick RPM 1760 used to cut steels maximun temp 1500 C My saw is vibrating at that speed for imporper tension.

Is there a good handbook where i can learn all theoretical and trchnical asp-ects of Saw tensioning , Saw repair?

Reply to
DEB

Might not have exactly what you need, but this is a great book for many types of shop machinery repair and setup:

HappyGilmore

Yes, several. For a saw of that size, talk to its manufacturer.

So talk to whoever doctors big saws in your neighbourhood. A saw that size is _not_ something to be learning on. It's a non-trivial subject.

And at 10mm thick, you also need machinery you probably don't have to hand (although I notice Harbor Freight are now selling one!)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thank you for your kind information. I am in INDIA . And Sawing or woodcutting is not a big Industry here; like Canada , Australia / Newzeland expert Sawdoctors in this field are not available.

I actually want to learn every detail of SAW tensioning from theoretical and practical aspect.

The manufacturer produces diferent sized STEEL CUTTING saws dia

1000-2200mm( 40'' - 80'), thick 10mm and they tension according to their need. Actually thicker saws are not required to tension at all in many cases as they are well machined. Instead of their tensioning - the Big saws are failing and vibrating- i e their SAW DOCTORS are failing to tension it. Its probably due to a wrong amount of ROLL TENSIONING they are using.

Amount of Required tension depends on several aspects like a) TEMP Gradient ASPECT 900-1500 DEGREE C (in this case ) b) ELASTICITY aspect or tension and leveling c) Rolling machine Engineering aspect. d) Composition od Steel to be Cut etc.......

I am doing Theoretical calculations- i need to learn all theoretical details of the TENSIONING.I want a book which describes the tensionig method from a theoretical and practical viewpoint from zero .

REGARDS A deb mallick

Reply to
DEB