Sawstop shown in Time Warp photography

Page 3 of 3
I agree with the safety aspect and would buy one also.
I don't agree with the capacitive sensing though, no matter what they claim.
The capacity of a plastic cased weiner is a lot lower than a 3/4" sheet of damo fir plywood ebing held by a human on a huge mass grounded steel table. Somebody is protecting their non-patent with some BS.
I had originally heard it was moisture but the demo sort of disproves that also.
That demo was a trick.

OK, it is an electrical circut completion that triggers the safety brake right?
What if you have no contact with the table top but just the blade? Notice his hand is resting on the table top. What if you are using a wooden sled? Does it stil work? What if you are standing on a rubber mat?
Just wondering.
All that said, I too am pretty sure next new TS purchase would have to be a sawstop, especially if I go into a business situation where I am asking\hiring others to run the tool. Fortunately I don't thnk anyone is making a saw any better. The commercial Sawstaop is a beautiful fricking saw, brake or not. Not worth an extra grand on it's own but the brake feature is worth a finger, a new blade and hunk of aluminum.

Well, I'm not sure about plywood 'ebing', what things other than humans operate machinery on this planet, or the capacity of a weiner (sheesh), but the word is: capacitance (kəˈpæsɪtəns) -n 1.     the property of a system that enables it to store electric charge 2.     a measure of this, equal to the charge that must be added to such a system to raise its electrical potential by one unit
Were you asleep that day in the third grade when they made a potato battery?
You don't know the word, you don't know they got it patented, but I do know you are dangerous with a keyboard. You assault people's intelligence on a daily basis with it. Put it down and step away. Thanks.
I don't think it works on detecting sault.
Were you asleep that day in the third grade when they made a potato battery?
You don't know the word, you don't know they got it patented, but I do know you are dangerous with a keyboard. You assault people's intelligence on a daily basis with it. Put it down and step away. Thanks.
On 1/19/11 12:33 PM, Josepi wrote:

It's been done. Same results.
--

-MIKE-

Right, Solomon, they should have tried cutting a baby in half.
There was no trick. There also was no stupidity.
On 1/19/11 1:18 PM, RicodJour wrote:

Why can't people just accept the fact the thing fu@&!ng works?
--

-MIKE-

IIR when you get cut the wound instantly becomes moist. IIRC there never has been a claim of getting off "scott free" with out a nick. ;~)

Another thought I've had comes to testing it out. I know a finger is the optimal testing body part, but if I was going to test it out just for myself, I'd use the side of my arm. Less nerves present and certainly less pain on a fleshy skin surface.