Sawstop shown in Time Warp photography

Sawstop shown in Time Warp photography.

Kimosabe

Lobby Dosser

A bit? My wife and I were almost curled into balls on our chairs.

Reply to
DGDevin

Balls? I'm hoping mine drop back before my wife gets home from work!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

great, why isn't anyone using their finger instead of a hotdog?" Now I know.

In order to instill faith in a product, it's creator must apply a true life scenario. He did, I'm convinced.

Good video.

Reply to
SBH

That reminds me of the demo the guy that invented the ground fault interrupter circuit was to said have done.

He grabbed one hot 120V wire, with the ground in a pool, and jumped in.

Balls, in both cases.

Reply to
Morgans

But what I am hearing, from all over, is that it is an exceptional piece of equipment as a saw. Right up there with General 650 etc.

A 'TRUE' endorsement of the builder's confidence would be if he were to demo it with his dick. THAT would be cringe-worthy... after all, he's got ten fingers.....

Reply to
Robatoy

Particularly if it didn't reach the blade to start with ....

Reply to
Swingman

Kinda doubt if you will see that on Discovery! :o)

Reply to
RonB

"Robatoy" wrote

Ahh..., the "push stick" test.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

=3D=3D=3D=3DGUARD REMOVED FOR CLARITY=3D=3D=3D=3D . . . . Do NOT try this at home.

Reply to
Robatoy

...and you'd want to see that video? Hmmm. And wouldn't a true endorsement be in a true life situation? I don't know too many nudist woodworkers. Sawdust gets in the pubes and other places that a dust collector would refuse to go.

RicodJour

I don't want to know HOW you know that so intimately. TMI

Reply to
Robatoy

I went into one of those Nude Furniture stores while they were making some furniture. I thought the nude had to do with furniture without a finish on it - my mistake. =3D:O

RicodJour

What I haven't seen yet is a real-life slip and a quick hand into the whole blade. I'll bet it would do a whole lot more damage, albeit saving most of the hand.

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ever read about the first public demonstration of the Otis Safety Elevator?

"By 1854, [Elisha] Otis was exhibiting a working model of his invention at the Crystal Palace Exhibition in New York. When his rising platform reached the top, 40 feet above the assembled crowds below, he had an assistant dramatically cut the hoist rope and, like a good showman, bow to the gasps of the onlookers when the elevator did not fall. The New York Tribune called the demonstration "sensational" (labeling Otis, "Mr. Safety Elevator Man")."

Doug Miller

I bet it would be exactly the same. They do the quick push with a hot dog and it doesn't even cut the casing.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Heh, it was agonizing to watch even with the Sawstop guy being really, really careful not to risk serious injury even if his product had malfunctioned. Some things just go against every instinct.

Reply to
DGDevin

A side note: The pinky and ring finger carpal bones are flexible within the hand, allowing for those fingers to best grasp and hold objects.... pretty important tasks for those fingers. The thumb and forefinger (and the middle finger) carpal bones are ridgid, within the hand, and are most used to manipulate objects, also pretty important tasks. The middle finger is "least important" for grasping and/or manipulating objects. He "sacrifice" his least important finger on his left hand. I'll bet he's right handed, too. I wouldn't think the camera's being on the right side was coincidence, either.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

hard to watch again.