Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

Page 9 of 13

The fact is that they have no way of knowing. Any replacement program is guesswork, at best.

Nonsense. There is good reason I did *NOT* buy a SawStop.

Well, as long as you said that much, lets here it! : ) I'm planning ot purchase in the spring, or sooner if I run accross something. I have been leaning toward the Unisaur.

I already said. It was more than twice the price of the Unisaur. It is *not* worth it.

An x5 is a good choice. The new style is stupid expensive.

I was under the impression the "x5" was more of a marketing gimmick. Do you have a link to what you are referring to? My brief research suggests that the X5 Unisaw was a circa 2006, or so, machine.
Thanks, Bill
snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz AKA: Stupid ------------------------------------- Stupid writes:

"Bill" writes:

Stupid writes:

Hey Stupid, what's the cost of an E/R visit for a table saw cut injury?
What's the cost of the follow-up medical care including the physical therapy?
My guess is $5,000 doesn't begin to cover the costs.
Depending on your medical coverage, the co-pay on $5K could cover the cost of several SawStops.
Lew
On 10/10/2011 12:28 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Be nice Lew. ;~) I was one of those "it won't happen to me" people 20 years ago. Then I learned the hard way and my math skills became much better.

Less than relevant, Lewser. Do you drive a car? You do know that people get killed doing that.

What a Lewser.
Exactly and "right on the money"!
This is the real quest for safety in the end.
------------ "Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Hey Stupid, what's the cost of an E/R visit for a table saw cut injury?
What's the cost of the follow-up medical care including the physical therapy?
My guess is $5,000 doesn't begin to cover the costs.
Depending on your medical coverage, the co-pay on $5K could cover the cost of several SawStops.
Lew

Gimmick? Maybe. It's a model identifier. I used it only to distinguish a "recent" model from the new one with the controls on the front. I bought mine in 2009, I think.
On 10/9/2011 7:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

That was then, Can you still buy the old style Unisaw?

Agreed.

Looks to be harder now, but I've seen them for sale (new).

On 10/9/2011 7:10 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Exactly, which gives the consumer the benefit of the doubt when on the numerous occasions SawStop participated in the replacement of the TS parts.

Well you have to make you self feel good about you decisions, every one does. I choose not to predigest my decisions.

Which also means that the customer cannot count on their goodwill, making it meaningless.

Predigest? You just act without thinking? I think a *lot* before spending a few thousand dollars.
On Oct 10, 2:06pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

No, he clearly meant that he doesn't walk into a decision with his mind made up before he has all the facts. I'm assuming this will mean nothing to you as it must be an entirely alien concept for you.
H. G. Wells had a nice line on the matter. "At last they had all the facts they would permit."
Considering our forum, perhaps the Chinese proverb fits it and you better. A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.
You still don't get it. Nobody is trying to talk you into buying anything. The CPSC hasn't rolled out any new regulations. The regulations they will roll out will not take the shape of your Chicken Little fears. And there are always alternatives.
So what's you beef? Oh, right, ethics. Right. Of course. Hoo boy.

"I choose not to predigest my decisions."

NO, dimwit, it is *YOU* who doesn't get it. Unlike you leftists, I like *CHOICE* and *FREEDOM*, even if it does mean more *RESPONSIBILITY*.

No, they're forcing the issue.

Why don't you read for comprehension, for once. (not likely)

Did you leave your brain somewhere? No, of course not.
RicodJour wrote:

It still works! Somewhere I learned to use my left thumb to guide the saw at the start of the cut. I got an entra lesson for the small cost of a band-aid and I will henceforth hold that thumb higher.
I'm on the verge of getting some wood carving gouges. I wonder what they will teach me...lol. I read a good tip yesterday, "Never catch a falling gouge...stitches are even more expensive".
That left the poor sod

Some time back I was working in the lab and a soldering iron fell off the bench. I automatically moved my hands and feet outward so that it fell harmlessly to the floor. My boss happened to be watching and was amazed that I didn't try to catch it. "Boss, it's hot!" ;-)
Before using any dangerous tool it's good to think; "now if this falls...". It's really no different than thinking about where a knife is about to go if it slips.

Same thing for blacksmiths. I was watching one work once and he told me he dropped a piece of hot metal once and tried to catch it. It cured him of that habit forever. To this day, if something falls in the house, he just lets it fall. To the chagrin of his wife.
On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:32:26 -0400, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

I'll catch normal things. Not knives, of course.
On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 10:28:40 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

my foot out to catch a dropped wrench etc, so it wouldn't skittar way across the floor. One afternoon I went in to change the tanks on the torch in regular shoes and the big two stage brass regulator slipped from my hand.
That cured me of sticking my foot out to catch things!!!!!!