Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

Now that must have been a difficult thought process! I don't even use my good circular saw on PT wood - the wood doesn't warrant it.

BTW, have you ever paid more than $150 for a tablesaw, new or used? You're the Harbor Freight guy, so I tend to doubt it.

RicodJour

With this apparently being common knowledge and it most likely coming with a warning to override the system...... Don't run you car into telephone poles if you don't want it to have dents. Don't cut damp wood on your TS it will make the top rust.

Reply to
Leon

Eggsactly! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

That is why I always use/used a circular saw for all cuts on the 30+ fences that I have built. And no not "all" PT wood is very wet, I often used kiln dried PT to guard against excessive warping.

Reply to
Leon

Sounds like the saw worked as designed. Was there much rust on the TS top after that experiment?

Reply to
Leon

Not at all, the operator turned the system off. He pays the stupid tax and hopefully he has insurance to cover the thousands of dollars that his mistake just cost him.

Reply to
Leon

You're wasting your time - they'll never grasp the idea. Apparently the state of business ethics is such nowadays that anything goes - even government coercion. Ethanol anyone?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

It's not a problem because the saw comes with a switch to turn off the sensor. Of course, I'm waiting for the day that someone turns it off, forgets to turn it back on, loses a finger, and sues SawStop for letting it happen.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Have you priced a Powermatic or The new Unisaw "with out" any the blade brake lately? Are you normally this ignorant or do you simply have a bug up your butt?

Reply to
Leon

That is pretty rich and explains your non founded hard on against SawStop. You want to buy a premium saw and disable it's best feature.

Reply to
Leon

Sorry that this did not turn out to be "vaporware? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

That will be interesting, hopefully the jury will send a message to the stupid.

Reply to
Leon

No, no, no. You misunderstand him. He does not want to _buy_ a premium saw, he just wants to bitch about it. ;)

RicodJour

No, you'll be battling Gass in court for the rest of your life, because he's the sort who'll keep the suits going until somebody kills him.

Reply to
J. Clarke

It doesn't give that option. Every time you cycle the power the bypass resets and you have to turn it off again if you want it to stay off.

Reply to
J. Clarke

X5s are still available for a *LOT* less than $3500; a perfectly good saw.

Reply to
krw

That theory doesn't work for guards. Why should it for the bypass?

Reply to
krw

In that case, how can it *ever* be proven, short of blood dripping off the mechanism.

Reply to
krw

Uh, how do you get it to fit, gnaw the wood? Use a hand saw? Forget that idea and erect chain-link? Screw the whole thing and let your chickens go free-range?

No, but I'll have to if SawStop has its way. I did buy an economy table saw (used) just two days ago for $30 from a Craigslist ad.

It's going to be my retirement investment.

Reply to
HeyBub

I agree. I stack fence wood in the garage for a couple of months, then take the warped pickets back to the vendor. Drying like that minimizes the gaps between pickets if they dry on the vine.

Sill, there are times, such as repairing a broken picket that the neighbor's dogs have knocked down...

Reply to
HeyBub