Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

Page 12 of 13
Swingman wrote:

There ARE some (possible) remedies. My state recently passed a "loser pays" law, hoping to curtail frivolous lawsuits. We'll see.
My state passed a personal injury reform package a few years back. Medical malpractice insurance rates have dropped by almost 50% and doctors are flocking to the area. So tweaks to the law sometimes work well.

Tennessee? Those "reforms" are good things IMO.
--
Best regards
Han

Texas.

OK, that sounds progressive <grin>
--
Best regards
Han

Oh, because it's Texas it's not good. Gotcha.

No, that's not it. I wanted to express that in some areas you and I do agree, and I consider myself liberal/progressive. But indeed, in some respects Texas isn't really progressive; we could leave that discussion for another time.
--
Best regards
Han

I certainly don't consider restricting torts to be on the "progressive's" platform. In fact, I've never heard *one* in congress demanding limitations on ambulance chasers. It's more of a conservative thing, but it's good to know you can lean right, too. ;-)

That's because it isn't. Texas is conservative; blood-red.

Well,at least we agree on more than 1 thing. Let's keep going!
--
Best regards
Han

LOL!
Um, it's dark?

Outside, sort of (there are many streetlights here). Inside, not dark. We have power and it's only 10 PM.
--
Best regards
Han

Oh, I forgot. You don't live in civilization. ;-)

...by the light of the silvery screen.
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

I'd like to see "plaintiff pays", with a provision that if the suit succeeds then the damages should include sufficient to compensate the plaintiff for those costs.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111014/03070416351/college-studentdeveloper-gives-up-pays-lodsys.shtml
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Shakespeare's Dick was right all along. Henry The Sixth, Part 2 Act 4, scene 2, 7178
-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 10/13/2011 6:10 AM, Swingman wrote:

> plaintiff, and his attorney, were ordered to

So I was right, you've had a lawsuit go against you and are playing the blame game.
On 10/14/2011 4:07 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

No he actually had the law suite go for him but it cost him and others a small fortune to win. Damn ambulance chasers!
On 10/14/2011 4:18 PM, Leon wrote:

Same thing. That's winning the battle but losing the war.
On 10/14/2011 5:29 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

NOT the same thing, the suite did not go against him.
On 10/15/2011 10:24 AM, Leon wrote:

As another, more publicly notorious, lawyer recently said: "that depends upon what the meaning of "is" is.
Nuff said ....
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010