Sawstop - probably a stupid question

Passing the bar *never* equated with "well off financially."

Reply to
GregP

And you base your opinion on what data, exactly?

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Nah . . . this is all 'Sposin . . back of an envelope type reasoning.

I've never seen any objective discussion of driving ability aside from this old saw. I imagine the actuaries who work for auto insurance companies would know for certain. Any actuaries here? Any who can say a little about what they know?

The fact that insurers make money writing auto liability policies demonstrates that the information must be available.

I imagine that driving ability is either unimodal or multimodal, but that many more drivers are clustered about "average" than in a true "Normal" distribution. I also imagine that the Very Worst and Very Best are MUCH better and MUCH worse than average.

That coorelates with my RL driving experience, but I've no raw data on this.

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

I'm basing it on first-hand observation. And you base your objections on what data, exactly ?

Reply to
GregP

Excuse me? What objection? I was just curious whether you had any data that backed up your assertion. I see you don't.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

And you clearly have none to back yours, unless those commercials you've been swallowing hook, line, and sinker made some up for you.

Reply to
GregP

Who says sawstop does not work? You?

As do Delta, Powermatic, Grizzly, and many others? In fact, is there a single saw made in the US?

Of course not, because it is a better product. And by the looks of the machinery they are making, it will be a better product as well.

Reply to
ted harris

There you go again, telling total white lies...assumptions! You do read the articles, right? The website state clearly that it is a bigger, heavier machine than anything offered today. With heavier bearings, and many other improvements.

Reply to
ted harris

Are you implying that tobacco use does not affect other people?

Reply to
ted harris

Have you ever started your own business from nothing more than an idea, that no one has ever done ever in the entire history of the world?

Reply to
ted harris

The bigger bearings is the only "improvement", the others are just bundled accessories. One suspects that the bigger bearings are there because the gadget was breaking the little ones. And given the price, one would _hope_ that it's a premium-quality saw.

Reply to
J. Clarke

No, he's implying that if Marijuana was legal it would likely hurt tobacco sales and thus the tobacco companies have a vested interest in keeping it illegal. Please do try to follow the argument.

I find it interesting that you single out tobacco use as 'affecting other people' but seem to ignore the effects of drunk driving.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Well, let's see, it took Steve Jobs less time to go from an idea to a billion-dollar corporation than it has taken this guy to go from an idea to an ad on web site. Maybe he should see if Jobs will consult .

Reply to
J. Clarke

No.

You can't stop the car without brakes (unless you're Fred Flintstone).

You can avoid cutting your fingers off without a sawstop.

Renata

-snip-

Reply to
Renata

Well now, that 'splains a lot about some voting patterns then.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

If clear cutting is done correctly, it mimics the natural mosaic pattern that fires create. I'm talking about natural fires in forests that do not have too much fuel caused by years of over aggressive fire suppression. The mosaic pattern gives new trees room to mature and also creates wildlife habitat (for all the furry thing huggers out there!). Unfortunately, there are many examples where improper clear cutting was done. The usual mosaic pattern is on the order of a few or less acres in size, not hundreds of acres that were clear cut in the past. Good forest management allows everyone (tree huggers, loggers, hunters, animal lovers, etc.) to all benefit from the same piece of land.

Grant

GregP wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

Maybe the drug companies should see Steve Jobs about speeding up development on some of the cures that they have been working on for decades. Some things simply take years to develop, some things take a blink of an eye.

Reply to
Leon

no, underwriter's laboratories.

yeah, right....

Reply to
bridger

not improvements so much as attempts to compensate for the saw trying to self destruct while stopping the blade.

Reply to
bridger

oh, there will be plenty of other suckers....

Reply to
bridger