Sawstop model CB31230 installation

Our shop has just acquired a Sawstop model CB31230. The manual mentions a noise free electrical environment is desirable. Does anyone have experience with what kind and level of EMI will cause grief? Is it desirable to have some form of EMI suppression? I have seen lots of really positive comments on the web, since they have only been out in the real world for a bit under 2 years does anyone have any ho-hum or negative experience and installation advice?
Cross posted to Woodcentral, Taunton Knots and rec.woodworking.
Thanks, John.
John Wilson wrote:

I don't suppose a UPS to condition the line could be used? Otherwise I imagine normal protection for any electronic item would be satisfactory.
er
--
email not valid

A noise free electrical environment?????!!!! in a woodshop? They've got to be kidding. With all the potential electric motors in shop, including universal driven beasts like vacuums and portable planers, the manufacturer is really out to lunch on this specification. If their equipment cannot deal with an electically noise environment, than its not worth having.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It's probably pretty well shielded from everything but its own motor (and probably from that) unless the cabinet's plastic.
Probably just need something at the cord. Then again, could be a lawyer's input.
er
--
email not valid

IIRC the SawStop has computer components and may, like most any computers benefit from a dedicated power source if there is a lot of noise in the line.
Do a search for Joe, filter, sawstop. He owns a production woodworking shop with 3 saw stops. One operator could cause mis-fires which was rectified by a filter saw stop sent out. Shortly there after this same guy put his thumb into the blade and was saved.
I've seen welder's cause so much noise on an electric system to crash computers.
What type of other equipment is in your shop or your neighbors?
Unless you want to install an isolating xformer I'd just make sure everything was well grounded and see if you have any problems. In an active shop with multiple motors running you could spend a lot of money getting clean power. Mike
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 20:32:28 -0500, "John Wilson"

Had a problem with one guy and static charge, Saw Stop sent me filters and have not had any problems since, as far as the line voltage nothing special one is hooked up where the Delta was and works fine Joe

experience
comments
under
installation