SawStop is here!

Page 3 of 3
On 4/25/2013 9:00 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I can!

LOL

I can remember things from 50 years ago. Just don't ask me what I had for lunch yesterday.
On 4/25/2013 1:01 PM, Leon wrote:

That's normal actually.

She looks beautiful. Enjoy..
--
Jeff

On 4/25/2013 6:40 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Thank you
On Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:01:50 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I can only offer you the standard level of contempt regarding the purchase of a new toy: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hat e you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,
Enjoy it!!! Any tool hitting my garage turns me into a 10 year old on Chri stmas morning.
RonB
On 4/25/2013 7:17 PM, RonB wrote:

a new toy: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,
I hate you too. LOL

This one is especially nice, I have been a proponent for this saw since 1999, before it was produced. My wife actually suggested trading up. Nuf'said. I had that possum eating poop grin most of the afternoon!
Thank you Ron!
I trust this will cure the table saw deficiency syndrome.
Looks like a quality tool. packed well, etc.
How much trouble is it to align the top of the rollers to the table saw top? Any adjustability with the rollers?
On 4/25/2013 9:03 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Already feeling more manly! LOL

I think I would compare the build quality to my Laguna BS, perhaps better.

Not a whole lot of trouble, sorta. The rollers don't spin perfectly so there are high and low spots when they spin. We are only talking about 1/32" so it really is no big deal. The object is that the rollers simply be close to being the same height as the table, better a bit low than higher. After all, this thing is only there to keep the work from tipping off the back end of the table top. This one and my old one have a cam adjustment that lowers the front rollers 3/8" of an inch so that when you cross cut the miter gauge bar will not hit the rollers. I often used the out feed with the rollers in that lower position when ripping, I forgot to raise them back up, and had no problems.
Now having said that the top bracket has 4 bolt holes that are elongated so that while setting up you move the roller up and down. You lay a strait edge on the table top on both sides to over hand the first column of rollers. When the roller is close to the bottom of the straight edges on both sides you tighten the 4 bolts. Then you drill and bolt the bottom bracket.
Then the folding center support arm can be adjusted to bring the back rollers up or down, basically to have the out feed plane to be parallel to the TS top plane.
With my old set up on my other saw I do not recall ever making another adjustment after the initial adjustment. I am sure that there was some settling over the past 13 years but I never felt the need to readjust.
On 4/25/2013 11:21 PM, Leon wrote:

One other thing, the instructions really really suck. They have changed the design so that the bottom bracket can be adjusted up and down to miss hitting a dust port. They simply modified the original set of directions and left parts out. You really want to read the instructions a couple of times to be familiar with what you are trying to do. You build stuff, you can figure it out. There are simply a few steps that leave you wondering and a few parts that have different names than the list of parts.
On 4/26/2013 12:26 AM, Leon wrote:

Leon, Sounds like you are doing great so far!
I wanted to share this short story, which proves you don't have to use power tools to bruise yourself.
Yesterday, I was existing a computer lab--actually sort of in a hurry to get to my next destination, with some paper in my left hand, pulling the door behind me with my right. When, I closed my finger in the door. Ouch! It's still is a little sore, but it's fine. But here is the part I wanted to mention...wait for it...
...the whole accident could have been avoided if there had been a Door-Stop! : )
Good luck to you as you fine tune your new saw!
Bill

You should sue all the door manufacturers. They were all negligent in not taking the user's safety into account.
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Yeah, there should have been a mechanism in place to blow the door off it's hinges. Naw, the kids wouldn't leave it alone. :)
BTW, just for reference, that little pinch inthe door hurt just as good as a firm tap with a 16 oz hammer! :) I have prided myself for not doingthe latter in years. Though I did it at least 2 times that I keenly remember, in my youth. You folks are the first to know (I didn't dare tell anybody, lest I might lose "my privileges").
Bill
On 4/26/2013 6:50 AM, Bill wrote:

Hey Bill thanks. I too put my finger where it did not belong yesterday, twice. LOL I can never resist putting my finger in something that is just big enough for my finger and not very carefully pulling it out.
Leon wrote:

Setting a new machine up is half the fun. Hope you get many hours and years of enjoyment in using it.
--
 GW Ross

 Junk mail arrives the day it was
On 4/25/2013 8:01 PM, G. Ross wrote:

Well it is fun but crawling around on the floor is starting to get old. ;~) Thank you.
On 4/25/2013 9:30 PM, Leon wrote:

Very sweet looking Leon http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8684362184/in/photostream/ Can I come over and play????
--
Jeff

On 4/26/2013 2:06 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Sure! Ill keep a light on for you!
On 4/25/2013 1:01 PM, Leon wrote:

So let us know the results when Karl comes buy with a test wiener. :-)
--
Froz...