Sawstop delivered!

Page 2 of 7

...Then read their FAQ, read how the safety system works and watch the little movies there. I did.
Alex

Yeah, me too...about 4 years ago. It's still not available to order.
In wrote:

Everyone agrees that it took quite some time to deliver. Next... Who are you blaming that you aren't getting yours right now and over the next several months, like the other 800 or so that "pre-ordered" the machine? Looks to me like you should be blaming yourself for clicking on that button, IMHO.
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

replace "clicking" with not clicking."
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

As in "still not shipping", yes.

Where did I say I have pre-ordered? I don't buy vaporware, Ted, and I don't take kindly to vendors trying to mandate something people can't buy yet.

Looks to me like you need to work on your reading comprehension.
In wrote:

Maybe you should be working on YOUR reading comprehension. The point is you did not pre-order, and now it is getting delivered. You must be pissed off because you didn't.

Sorry, but I left out "not clicking."
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

I haven't seen any proof, so far, that they've shipped more than one unit to an actual customer. Nor have I seen any proof that that unit was an actual production unit, and not a prototype.
This is not the same as "now it is getting delivered."
Wake me up when they've actually shipped fifty production units to actual customers.
In wrote:

Well then, I guess you haven't been checking the original link I posted at Sawmill Creek then, huh?
<snip>

Wake yourself up.
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

No, I'm annoyed that you seem to claim that "click here to pre-order" means I could buy one if I wanted to. It doesn't, and I can't. (and I don't, but that's beside the point)

Doesn't change your ignorance, Ted. They're trying to have laws passed to force me to use something that I can't buy. It's really quite simple. Because of that inarguable history, I'm unlikely to ever be a customer.
In typed:

There is just no reasoning with some people.
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Agreed. Why don't you show me when it says "Click here to order", Ted. Until then, it's just another demo unit in some random guy's blog.

For the non believers, this probably will not bee enough proof. LOL
It is a great looking saw.

I'm just glad they started making it so we don't need to speculate. I hope they sell enough so that they abandon their legistlative attempts at gaining a monopoly.
-j
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:09:07 GMT, "Leon"

The proof will come as the result of testing and experience in the field. I'd also be interested in seeing a detailed examination of the production version.

At that price it should be!
--RC
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:34:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com

Yup, it isn't. But it's a start.

Yes. Time will tell. I'd love to see pics of the internals. If it is actually a decent saw _with_ a potential safety feature, great. But...I notice that sawstop's website still says "SawStop is now taking preorders on it's 10" Table Saws!" ^^^^^^^^^ Following the link through, it looks like I still can't get one, despite this whoever guy getting one delievered to his shop. Anyone know what the deal is, then?

Really only 5 or 6 hundred dollars more than a PM66. A very small price to pay to save a trip to the emergency room even if it fails 90% of the time you are money ahead and more likely to save a trip than any other saw.

And what is the price? I haven't seen one listed anywhere yet.
wrote in message

$2499 + the fence that you want to add.

--RC
It's not about believing, it's about being forced to comply.