Sawmill in Houston for large unusual trees

I read a while back about a company in Houston that specializes in harvesting large unusual local trees for furnitures (tabletops, etc). We have a Black Jack Oak that is over 100 years old that has died. The trunk is about 13 feet in circumference.
Are any of the Houston residents on this conference familiar with the company I am talking about? I cannot find them with Google search.
Thanks, Bob

I remember the service you are talking about but I also cannot recall the name of the company. I do however have an idea for you. You can google "portable saw mills". You will come up with entries like Hud- son Forest Equipment and Wood Mizer Sawmills. You can call these manufacturers and find out who they have sold units to in Houston. These local owners will probably offer the service you need.
Joe G
I looked under Services, on Craislist, but didn't see anything with my limited search. You might try a more extensive search, there.
Call a few local tree cutting/trimming services.... they should know who, in the area, saws logs. Or one of these services may have a saw, as one service, here, does.
Other than above, you may have to look toward Cleveland, Livingston, *Woodville or *Jasper for a mill, as best I know.
Sonny
On 7/26/2010 10:28 AM, Bob wrote:

Give these guys a call and see if they can help you:
http://www.bcwoodwork.com /
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Bob wrote:

If you can't find a sawmill (don't forget you have to GET the tree TO the sawmill), you can build your own saw.
Here's some videos of homemade sawmill bandsaws. http://www.sawmillplans.com/versawmilltv.html
There are even guides for a chainsaw that will help make lumber out of a tree trunk.
You might also try millwork shops. I visited one to get some molding and they had a warehouse full of raw lumber, um, "planks" about 18x18 inches by 20 feet long (teak, mahogany, walnut... all manner of exotic woods) waiting to be turned into something pretty.
In forth:

Give my buddy a call listed below He'll come and get and put to good use.
His name is Jerry http://www.saltcreekcreations.com/contact.html

These folks are in Huntsville, but depending on what part of town you r're in.....
They can kiln dry also.
http://www.mgsawmill.com /
Regards, Roy
wrote the following:

Unfortunately, odds are 50:1 that it's rotted inside.
Good luck, though. Cross _all_ your appendages, Bob.
-- It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. -- Kin Hubbard

You might want to contact the Woodworkers Club of Houston. www.wwch.org they can direct you to several mills in Houston one is located on Antonine