Sawmill Creek Forums Help

i tried to join this forum this morning and for some reason it won't allow me to join because my name isn't a real name. it seems real enough to me but it won't allow me to register. anyone else have this trouble with sawmillcreek?

thanks, graham

Reply to
novascroller

Novascroller is your real name? You need to know the genesis of SMC to understand the requirement. The original people populating that forum (I was one of them) were evacuees of another forum that disbanded. One of the strict requirements of that forum was real names. It probably never occcured to any of the founders (nor did it to me) to change the policy. It's a good one. It's surprising how keeping out a little anonymity ensures a lot of civility.

Anyway, Novascroller sounds made up to me, and I'm sure it did to them, too (Graham sounds real enough, though). Why don't you drop a line via the backchannel to one of the moderators and negotiate a resolution. If Novascroller isn't your real name you'll have to cough up your real one if you want to play there. If it is, it shouldn't be difficult to prove it and I'm sure the SMC folks will accept it.

Reply to
LRod

Reply to
novascroller

I am a member of SMC and it is a GREAT forum.

Make sure you are using both a real first name and last name. The system will not permit a "one" name approval for membership.

i.e.: John Smith-acceptable novascroller-unacceptable

Look forward to seeing you there.

Reply to
Bob N