Sawmill

Ok, this is something I can afford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhD3-TLank&NR=1

woodstuff

Even a small commercial Wood-Mizer isn't that expensive second-hand.
If I had the space for it, I'd have had one of these a long time ago. I first used one thinking it was for logging and timber framing, then I started sawing veneers on it. Thick ones, but still wide, flat ones.
woodstuff wrote:

Do you know how to weld? This guy afforded $500, not counting dumpster diving. You probably would spend 4g's to buy a similar one already made up.
--
Jack
ObamaCare: If its not good enough for Congress, it's not good enough for