Sawing Large Pieces on Table Saw

Page 1 of 2
I just had new floors (ceramic tile and hardwood) installed in our home. We previously had carpeting. Some doors now do not open all the way because of the added height of the new floors. I'd like to make a nice straight cut off the bottom of the doors and would appreciate some tips on how to do this safely on my table saw.
Thanks in advance
--
Larry Bohen
www.audiobooksonline.com
Larry Bohen wrote:

YES ! Dave is right. Dave your getting places. Just measure twice and cut once !

:)
dave
FOW wrote:

snip
;)

I suspect that BAD and FOW are the same person.
Rich wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Probably not, unless using another posting host for his 'alter-ego'...
BAD newssvr25.news.prodigy.com
FOW typhoon.sonic.net
Greg, Rich isn't the brightest bulb on the string...
dave
Greg wrote:

Greg G. wrote in message

Greg,
Even a moron could figure out how to set up multiple news accounts. Oh, wait, I guess that's giving him too much credit.
Rich
Rich wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Well, it would involve paying for two providers - neither offer access other than to subscribers - Sort of a waste of money... ;-)
But an impromptu route trace DOES show that both servers ARE in the Santa Rosa/San Francisco area...
Hmmm....
Greg G. wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Don't assume we wish to involve ourselves in derogatory public discussions, but curiosity got the best of us. Perhaps there is something in the Bay Area water supply - DON'T DRINK THE WATER!
Both own a Powermatic tablesaw, both hate Delta products, both own a PC557 biscuit joiner, both live in the Santa Rosa/San Francisco area, both are diabetics, both are audiophiles, both top post...
If there ever was a doppelgnger...
Wrong, wrong, wrong! The OP asked how to do this on the TABLESAW...
Place door on tablesaw (bigger is better). Then proceed as below:

yeah, and I said he shouldn't use a TS. what's your problem?... besides reading comprehension...
dave
Eric Ryder wrote:

Bay Area Dave wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Dave, Dave...
Not to be smart or anything - But perhaps YOU have a problem with reading comprehensionl... It was a joke.
Place the door ON a tablesaw... Then cut with a straight edge and circular saw...
Read carefully before flaming... ;-)
Greg
ty Greg, nmsg:)
<Greg G.> wrote in message wrote in message

mea culpa.
dave
Eric Ryder wrote:

use a couple of clamps, a straight piece of 2x4 and your circular saw.

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.stratus.com says...

.. or use the circular saw to get a rough cut, slightly proud of the desired length, then use the aforementioned straight-edge and a straight router bit -- You'll get a better quality edge.

Two clamps and a straight edge with a router or circualr saw....
If fact, look at making one of these:
http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/etip022500wb.html
which will keep you from scratching up the face of the door.
Larry Bohen wrote:

You can even bevel the cut 3-5 degress then plane to fit, for that " PERFECT FIT " Bevel not, angle. _____/ < = bottom of door.