Saw Stop in Canada

Just for information, the Saw Stop is now available in Canada at

this model can save your fingers but that costs an arm...

S.B.

Reply to
SBO

By the time you add shipping, taxes, a few spare cartridges, a couple of options...ooohhh..let's say close to $5000.00?

A barely used 10-FOOT Altendorf slider with 12" blades and separate scoring motor can be had for less than that. Running a saw like that will seldom put you anywhere close to the blade. Unless somebody's a farging idiot and doesn't use a push stick.

Crazy!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Yes, it is expensive but I wouldn't begrudge that if it saved an amputation. What I'm wondering, though, is how good of a saw it is otherwise?

Reply to
Rob Fargher

Reply to
Mike Berger

At $90 to $115 per cartridge, you better bet big!

Reply to
Clint

--I'm a new owner of a Saw Stop. Haven't used it too much yet, but I'm a happy camper. Have been making do with a Rockwell contractor's saw for 25 yrs and finally upgraded to this; it's at least as good as the Rockwell; i.e. I've no intention of going back, heh. Had to get this one because I'm occasionally interrupted when power tools are on; bad combination with fingers near blade. Well worth the extra bucks to add these safety features, IMO..

Reply to
steamer