Saw Stop in Canada

Just for information, the Saw Stop is now available in Canada at
http://www.houseoftools.com/subgrouping.htm?searcht=&results &typefault&cat$84&orderfield=&sort=&n1
Maybe this model can save your fingers but that costs an arm...
S.B.

By the time you add shipping, taxes, a few spare cartridges, a couple of options...ooohhh..let's say close to $5000.00?
A barely used 10-FOOT Altendorf slider with 12" blades and separate scoring motor can be had for less than that. Running a saw like that will seldom put you anywhere close to the blade. Unless somebody's a farging idiot and doesn't use a push stick.
Crazy!!
SBO wrote:

Yes, it is expensive but I wouldn't begrudge that if it saved an amputation. What I'm wondering, though, is how good of a saw it is otherwise?
--
Cheers,
Rob

Not to mention, think of all the bets you could win. It could pay for itself!
Rob Fargher wrote:

At $90 to $115 per cartridge, you better bet big!
--
Clint
"Mike Berger" < snipped-for-privacy@shout.net> wrote in message
    --I'm a new owner of a Saw Stop. Haven't used it too much yet, but I'm a happy camper. Have been making do with a Rockwell contractor's saw for 25 yrs and finally upgraded to this; it's at least as good as the Rockwell; i.e. I've no intention of going back, heh. Had to get this one because I'm occasionally interrupted when power tools are on; bad combination with fingers near blade. Well worth the extra bucks to add these safety features, IMO..
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Bummed to be living in the
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Golden Age of Bullshit...