Saw Stop

Page 3 of 3

I think it was Popular Woodworking but I'm not going to go check. And yes, it saves your hand, if it was your hand that triggered it, but since tons of people report having it go off accidentally when their hands were not in danger, it gets pretty expensive. There's nothing wrong with the technology if you choose to use it, but when it's close to $200 out of pocket every time it goes off and most people, like me, have yet to cut anything off, just by being careful, it's questionable whether or not it's a good investment.

Typically your answers will be favorable form actual users and non favorable from those that do not own or use one. There are a lot of urban myths already about the saw. For your best information you should contact owners and the manufacturer for valid answers to your questions.
Leon wrote:

Reminds me of the Leigh dovetail jigs. <G>
"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Gee ... where would the wRec be without opinion trumping experience? ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06
On 7 Nov 2006 19:01:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

Magazine reviews look upon this saw quite favorably. In fact, I think the actual device is probably pretty nice.
My personal opinion is that I don't care for the method the inventor has chosen to get it into every shop in America. Were it not for his actions in doing that, I may have saved my money to get one.
As it is, I went ahead a bought a nice new saw that doesn't have the sawstop feature partly as my own "drop in the bucket" protest against the inventors actions. Of course it also matters that it was time for a new saw, not just some sort of statement.