Saw Stop

--For me this was a second tablesaw: a replacement for a "make do" beater of a Rockwell contractor's saw; a much-anticipated upgrade. I looked at Delta, Powermatic and Jet before deciding that the Saw Stop was the best of all possible worlds. Remember you'll keep a tablesaw a *lot* longer than you'd keep a car for instance, so best to do it right, yes?

--I don't think it was *that* much. Will have to go look at the reciept again I guess. Worth every penney tho..

Reply to
steamer

If I were you, I'd buy up all the SawStops you can at

Reply to
LRod

Last week I saw one in the Bay area, It is selling over $3K. The only downside; everytime the stop activated you will have to replace the cartridge and the saw blade.... Maybe, you finger is worth more than the cartridge and the blades?

.
Reply to
Woodworker

$3400 or so with the 3 horse motor and the long fence rails.

Last I heard, they were replacing the cartridge for free if you sent them the fired one. Supposedly they're collecting data so that offer may have gone away or go away at any time.

And if you fire it more than once I seriously suggest a different hobby :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

--Yah; one way I kept cost down was by taking the Biesmeyer fence off of my beater, so I didn't have to pay for that one again. I like the original better than Delta's new version of it. Pity they bought the company... Also the guy who mentioned the fairly high price said that he bought a pile of cartridges and I only bought one. I've got the single-phase motor; not sure if it's 3hp or not but I opted for a low-end power motor as I don't do enough work to justify paying top dollar there either. Yeah, still pricey but cheaper than fingers, yes? $3k would only buy me 2 month's worth of Blue Cross coverage, so thinking about it that way was a no-brainer, sigh...

Reply to
steamer