Saw blade manufacturer

Some time ago, I found some matterial on circular saws, I think coming out of a Canadian distributor, for an Israeli manufacturer.
Can niether recall the name, nor where I found the material, and would like to include the company in an article coming up fairly quickly.
Any ideas? I played with Di---???? And I think it is still close to the start, but my finishes (d-marc, dimark, dimarc) ain't hitting on much.
Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
Dimar. See dimarcanada.com for their website. This is what my dado set from Lee Valley says on the case anyway. HTH. Cheers, cc

Cubby responds:

Marvelous. Thank you.
Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
On 12 Oct 2004 16:04:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) scribbled:

I once tried ordering a set of blades for my Makita 2040 planer from them. I sent an email on a Saturday, they got back to me on a Sunday & the blades were on their way on the Monday after a phone call to confirm. They told me they normally don't sell retail, but since I was in a "remote" area, they sold them to me directly. Good bunch to deal with & the blades are fine, and a lot cheaper than what Makita would have charged.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

quality) Unfortunately no contact details in the catologue. Most of the info is in German but the pictures talk. HTH
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

Hi Charlie -
It's "Amana" in the US.... http://www.amanatool.com /
Cheers -
Rob
Rob Lee responds:

I had a feeling--I seem to recall that, too. Best to leave 'em be, then, because they're already well known under another name, a company which I've already talked to.
Thanks.
Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Dimar?
http://www.dimarcanada.com /
I've seen these blades at the local House of Tools but I've yet to try one.

I have the 50 tooth Combination blade.....it's great.
Ed
Ditto the Dado blade. Have had great results with it. Cheers, cc

Ken Muldrew notes:

Rob Lee says they're sold as Amana in the States, so they'll be excellent value for the money, and darned good blades, to boot..
Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
Dimar. Based in North York, Toronto, near Keele and Steeles Ave. Sold by Lee Valley and Sharpco.