Saw blade manufacturer

Some time ago, I found some matterial on circular saws, I think coming out of a Canadian distributor, for an Israeli manufacturer.

Can niether recall the name, nor where I found the material, and would like to include the company in an article coming up fairly quickly.

Any ideas? I played with Di---???? And I think it is still close to the start, but my finishes (d-marc, dimark, dimarc) ain't hitting on much.

Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

Dimar. See dimarcanada.com for their website. This is what my dado set from Lee Valley says on the case anyway. HTH. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Cubby responds:

Marvelous. Thank you.

Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

Dimar - got an old catalog and some of their router bits (great quality) Unfortunately no contact details in the catologue. Most of the info is in German but the pictures talk. HTH

Reply to
Phil Hansen

Hi Charlie -

It's "Amana" in the US....

-

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Rob Lee responds:

because they're already well known under another name, a company which I've already talked to.

Thanks.

Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

've seen these blades at the local House of Tools but I've yet to try one.

Ken Muldrew

I have the 50 tooth Combination blade.....it's great.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Dimar. Based in North York, Toronto, near Keele and Steeles Ave. Sold by Lee Valley and Sharpco.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

Ditto the Dado blade. Have had great results with it. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Ken Muldrew notes:

Rob Lee says they're sold as Amana in the States, so they'll be excellent value for the money, and darned good blades, to boot..

Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

On 12 Oct 2004 16:04:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) scribbled:

I once tried ordering a set of blades for my Makita 2040 planer from them. I sent an email on a Saturday, they got back to me on a Sunday & the blades were on their way on the Monday after a phone call to confirm. They told me they normally don't sell retail, but since I was in a "remote" area, they sold them to me directly. Good bunch to deal with & the blades are fine, and a lot cheaper than what Makita would have charged.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi