saving the fingers...

Page 1 of 2

wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking
http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm
Christian
Tuesday 26 April 2005 09:26 pm:

That's pretty impressive!
It is impressive. Wonder what functionality/versatility you have to give up to have it on your saw? Suppose it works at 45 degrees?
Patrick Fischer Olalla, WA

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for our own protection.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Oh, now _why_ did you have to say that? Wonder how long _this_ thread is going to go?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

I'll check with the news group's moderator, but if you also make it mandatory to use larger breakers, for more power....... I think you might have something there.
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:27:39 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy

Your kind -deserves- the gov't it gets, Edwin.

More power is dangerous, so the gov't will mandate 5-amp maximum breaker size "for our own protection." Just like England outlawed dado blades. (Tell us how you like that, Andy, et al.)
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

After all this time, you still don't recognize when Ed is being sarcastic?
Hint: Much of the time. He's my kind of fellow.
Patriarch

...and mine
Didn't we just have this 500 message thread conversation?
John C

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

But then there wouldn't be anything to toss into a bowl of Wendy's chili. Mmmm, finger licking good!
It has nothing to do with angles of cut. Or put another way the saw they had at the trade show is a saw (system). It does any cut you do with your regular saw. It just has a sensor that stops the saw quickly. No retrofit. You just buy their saw instead of the unisaw.

Jim B.
Patrick Fischer wrote:

Supposedly it works fine on the saws that Sawstop sells, and you can't get it any other way.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Wow! Is this new? How come I haven't heard about this?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

No shit, man. If I hadn't just seen it, I wouldn't have believed it either. You'll need a larger breaker for more power.

Yaknow wha's cool? When ya watch the video, move the player slider back an' forth and try to get the hotdog through the blade before it drops. I spent hours trying to lop off a piece o'that wiener with no luck - Man! that thing is Andy Griffith "goooo-oood."
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Christian wrote:

Not another sawstop thread. Geez. Go to google groups and search on "sawstop" and you'll find a vast number of posts.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
You girlie mahns might be the consistency of wieners but I am more like red oak so I guess I am screwed either way. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to be crazy and keep my fingers out of the blade.
SteveP.

They had this in This Old House a couple years ago. I'll look up the exact article.

That's nice. Still can't buy one though:
"Click here to place a non-binding preorder for your SawStop cabinet saw. SawStop will fill pre-orders in the order received."