Save a few $ on HTC mobile base

In case anyone here is looking-- Menards has the HTC 1000 mobile base for $35 after a $5 rebate.

It has a "PortAMate" brand name on it, so at first I thought it was some Menards Taiwanese special, but then saw the copyright: HTC Products, Inc. Made in USA.

This is the first mobile base I've had, so can't compare it to others, but it was quick to assemble and seems well made. Plenty sturdy enough for moving my planer over the rough garage floor.

BTW, Menards is only in Minnesota and Wisconsin, I think.

Reply to
Keith Carlson

Actually no they aren't. They falls somewhere near the top in the collective mix of Home Depot, Lowes, Ace and so on. They (Menards) are actually one of the huger chains in the free world.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I can attest to having been in Menards in both Illinois and Indiana.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

There are chains in the not-free world? Hmmm...

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Actually, I think it is an _excess_ of chains that _makes_ them not-free.

(Thanks for the setup.)

Reply to
igor

They're in Iowa, too.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Unisaw A100 did say:

According to the map on their site, they're in ten states: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Wish we had one in FL.

Reply to
WoodMangler