Save $190 on Delta 14 in. bandsaw

I received a Rockler flyer today and they have the Delta 28-206 14 in. bandsaw marked down from $599.00 to $459.00 plus you get a $50.00 mail in rebate. Final cost $409.00
No, I don't work for Rockler or Delta. Just passing along what I think is a good deal. My old Rockwell/Delta 14 incher still works great.
Marv
In rec.woodworking

I still don't see this coming close to the $375 for the Grizzly Ultimate bandsaw. It doesn't even have a fence for resawing which is the primary reason I want a bandsaw.
A resaw fence is not an issue...you can make an excellent fence with scrap wood.
Jay

Not commenting one way or the other on the Delta or Grizzly, but I've got to say that I've never seen a stock bandsaw fence that was worth a damn for resawing. If you want to resaw you'll be building your own fence so that shouldn't enter into the purchasing decision.
--
Scott Post snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com http://home.insightbb.com/~sepost /

If you want to re-saw on a bandsaw you are better off making a fence specifically for re-sawing. The fences that come with these saws are not very good for re-sawing. You need something tall.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply